CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 25, 2020, 11:29:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: drilling  (Read 530 times)
hana
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 18:27:35 pm »

Hey!  Terrific Hana!  I was just the first guy to jump in with a suggestion.  You'll find this to be the MOST helpful technical site on the internet.  In fact, I'm seldom the person who offers a suggestion, because so many people help.

I am sooo happy I found you people!! I went through so many pages on internet, manuals and have so many information...but! nothing helps with the PROBLEM Smiley

I am sure I will be often here!!  Shocked Fighting with Mach at the moment.

Lloyd,  do you have any idea why I cannot change number of velocity parameter?
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 19:44:02 pm »

"Lloyd, I did exactly gcode upon your instructions (set peck distance) and it works!!!!  Cheesy I was so proud about myself, jumping here yesterday  Grin Big help, thanks!!"
------------------

Hey!  Terrific Hana!  I was just the first guy to jump in with a suggestion.  You'll find this to be the MOST helpful technical site on the internet.  In fact, I'm seldom the person who offers a suggestion, because so many people help.

Lloyd
What version of Windows?  Could it be permissions to write/modify files?
If you install Mach3 again you have to run all the setup process again, assigning pins, tuning motors, inputs and so on. It's not plug-and-play system.
hana
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 21:08:36 pm »

What version of Windows?  Could it be permissions to write/modify files?
If you install Mach3 again you have to run all the setup process again, assigning pins, tuning motors, inputs and so on. It's not plug-and-play system.

I know, scary for me. I don't want to, that is the reason I am trying to find the problem without installing all over!!

I'll try Windows, no idea, maybe!! Thanks!!
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 21:27:50 pm »

Still not able to change number of velocity. Even hitting enter. It drops to 0 and cannot change it anywhere else after. Any idea? If I install Mach again, takes origin numbers and these are to high again.

I would suggest to lower your machine speed in about 10% increments. Mach3 will let you do this if you change the to even number (from my experience) no decimal point. Hit enter and the hit save settings button. It will do its thing by adding a decimal values on its own.. See the picture, I entered 100 and mach3 adjusted it. Wink Cheesy Grin

* Capture.JPG (98.05 KB, 696x485 - viewed 13 times.)

My 2¢
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 21:39:11 pm »

Re

do you have any idea why I cannot change number of velocity parameter?

On my machine, that use an external motion controller (ESS), the values can be changed ONLY if the motion controller is connected to the PC ; in other cases, the values are turned to 0 if I try to change them.

++
David
hana
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 21:53:13 pm »

I have tried different numbers increase, but dropping to 0. Maybe David is right, I am not connected to machine (drilling), must wait. But I remember the same problem even connected. Month ago.. Maybe I was doing wrong something else. I will try to connect other computer to see what happen!!
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 01:04:12 am »

On my machine, that use an external motion controller (ESS), the values can be changed ONLY if the motion controller is connected to the PC
Hmmm, David, in my previous post with the screen snap what you see is capture done of my home pc that is not connected to anything.. Machine is 90 yards away in shop. Wink Cheesy Grin Grin

My 2¢
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 02:11:49 am »

Yes but maybe you've at least the // port installed ?

On mine there no // port installed (Win 64 bits), only the ESS plugin (but no ESS connected)

Without // port installed, there is also other things that are not working, like the Hotkey emulation for the inputs ...

++
David

* mach0.zip (136.27 KB - downloaded 7 times.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:23:51 am by dh42 » Logged
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 11:51:56 am »

David, what version of Mach3 you trying to do this on? I'm using  Version R3.043.062.

My 2¢
hana
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 22:42:11 pm »

Hello, problem solved again!! THANKS!!
I had to be connected to machine, EVERY number enter, save AND restart Mach.  Roll Eyes
But, super speed is in normal and I am celebrating again!  Grin
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 23:22:27 pm »

David, what version of Mach3 you trying to do this on? I'm using  Version R3.043.062.

Hello

The same Wink

++
David
nifty1a
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2020, 22:59:09 pm »

I found that I had to click the axis button first before changing values, including the X-axis button, if the X-axis graph is showing.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: