CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2020, 05:56:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Associating dwg, dxg, stl, or whatever file name with cb file automatically  (Read 220 times)
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2019, 16:54:47 pm »

Hello everyone,
   As the subject line says, is there a way to set up CB so when you choose "save as" in the menu the actual file name of the original dxf file automatically shows up instead of "untitled". It just a minor annoyance of having to type in the file name each time you initially save the file, especially when the part number is long.
                                                                                                                          Thanks, Jim
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 17:03:07 pm »

If I start CamBam then use, File->Open, and select a dxf file, the filename does show up instead of "untitled".

If I start CamBam then use, File->Import->DXF, and select a dxf file, the filename does NOT show up instead of "untitled".

Made in England
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 18:21:22 pm »

You are correct. File-open must be used instead of import dxf to get the desired result. Thanks for the reply
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 18:55:24 pm »

Strangely I don't know if "import DXF" is now a built in CamBam function or it's just in the plugin I wrote here; http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/import_DXF-STL-STP.html

If it's the plugin, my intention was to allow importing of small DXF files etc. such as a mounting hole for a particular type of electrical socket, or a cavity for a guitar pickup, so that they would become "off the shelf" components to use in a bigger project file.
With that in mind it would not be a good idea to change the filename each time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 18:59:35 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged

Made in England
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 20:17:47 pm »

It is a plugin and works well for importing small dxf files, and you are correct in not allowing it to change the file name. I just got used to using it for opening new drawings and forgot that using "open" imports the dxf file name automatically.
With that said, your plugin works as advertised and should not be changed, it was more of a brain freeze on my part.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: