CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2020, 08:41:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reloaded Mach 3  (Read 2702 times)
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2019, 23:07:59 pm »

Had a situation that caused the mill to intermittenly shut down so i reloaded mach and it hasn't shut down since. After  a tool change is made  the mill runs at the feed rate instead of a rapid to get to the destination point. Seems like iv'e been thru this before but can't remember what the fix was . Any help on this one? Thanks

dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 23:35:57 pm »

Hello

Certainly, your M6end.m1s macro was modified in your previous installation (and maybe the M6start.m1s too). (in Mach3\macros\your_profile_name folder) ; maybe you can retrieve the modified macro in your Mach3 backup.

++
David
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 23:54:54 pm by dh42 » Logged
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 01:27:34 am »

Yes David it was and i will put this to the test tomorrow. Thanks
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 20:02:28 pm »

Well after running o.k. for a while it started popping up with an unexpected e stop again so i spent hours on the net once more and came up with a list of possibilities. One thing i ran across multiple times was to go into general config and turn off or un tick WATCHDOG TIMER!!. After that i air drilled 10 hours worth of spiral drilling as to get all axis's to moving . It ran the entire ten hour period with no E STOP alert. Hopefully this help's someone else because it can be a crapshoot  guessing about anything that is intermittent. Also another thing that came up multiple times was resetting debounce interval keeping as low as possible but still continually operating properly. And besides all that what the hell does a wathdog do besides gaurding a junkyard.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 23:44:19 pm »

Chuck
From the manual:

Use Watchdogs, if checked, triggers and EStop is Mach3 seems not to be running correctly.
You may need to uncheck it if you get spurious EStops on slower computers with
operations like loading Wizards.

There's one other thing the Mach3  .62 pulsing engine is quite sensitive to minor voltage fluctuations on the input power side to the computer as compared to earlier versions. A UPS with filtering can help this.
What did you set your debounce level too. when you get false triggering it matters a lot.

Dave
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 13:26:51 pm »

Hey Dave nice to hear from you again. It was set at 2000 then and it still is now. I was thinking about bringing it down in increments of 200 and running this test pattern again. Why is it so important to know the value of  debounce? Just wondering. Oh yes i did have a faulty flourescent light near the mill also that was dealt with, thinking this may have been creating rf spikes when it fired and then died . All the wiring on the control panel is shielded with the drain connected to earth ground with the exception to the 48 volt wiring running from the power supplies to the gecko drives. Thanks for chiming in. Brought the debounce to 1000 and ran it for an hour after that brought the debounce down to 250 and ran it for an hour with no problems. I think next is the 10 hour run and  leave the debounce where it is and see if a problem arises.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 21:00:15 pm by chuckeroo » Logged
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 07:54:08 am »

HI Chuck
Debouncing is a filtering mechanism to stop high frequency transient voltage spikes (from your limit switches and drive electronics)
from stopping Mach3 needlessley when there is no problem.
500 is good that's 20ms.
Merry Xmas
Dave
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 16:55:52 pm »

Merry Chistmas to you to. Set the debounce to 250 yesterday and gave it the old 10 hour test once more with no hiccups, Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa running continually now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: