CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 08:29:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to reinstall previous version of CB.  (Read 812 times)
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2019, 21:53:37 pm »

I need to replace this CB v-rc3 with older v-rc2 of CamBam. I wish I have stay with the previous version. Just to many gremlins to fight.. Wonder what this will do to my tool library, styles, etc.. Thanks.

My 2¢
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 23:07:37 pm »

Hello

If they have specific names, no problem they will not be changed, but if you use the same names for post, tool library, etc... than the original files, they will be replaced after installation.

2 way to solve this problem:

1) use tools/browse system folder to find the active CamBam system and save all the folders/files somewhere, so you can restore them after installation.

2) use a custom system folder instead the default one so when you reinstall CB, only the files in the default system folder are changed by the installer but not those in the custom folder.

To use a custom folder for the CB system:

- use tools/browse system folder to find the active CamBam system and copy all files/folders in a custom folder where you have permission (in my case: D:\Mes Documents\CamBam\)

- once it's done, redirect the path to the new system folder to be used in cambam options by writing the new path in the System Path property.

++
David

* Sans titre-1.jpg (149.24 KB, 1236x784 - viewed 35 times.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 23:09:36 pm by dh42 » Logged
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 00:57:41 am »

Thanks David. I was concerned what uninstallation will do my tools and styles settings. After saving it all, uninstalling the v-rc and installing v-rc1 all appears to be there and is working fine. Hopefully this will help somebody looking to go back to previous version.

My 2¢
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: