CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 00:51:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about practical issues while working in a workshop  (Read 844 times)
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 08:26:58 am »

This is a pressure foot. Combined with a vacuum table it is used when cutting large sheet material. Especially when grooving with a V-cutter to make scores for bending.  Provides equal thickness of the remaining material on sandwich panels. Because it is done on the back side there are no visual problems but could leave marks on the face.
Metal vacuum tables on large routers are usually covered with 10-16 mm MDF sheets which are face milled to provide horizontal level. Because MDF is porous vacuum acts through it and holds the sheet steady. But the vacuum pump must be powerful enough. On a 1800 x 3600 mm table the pump is 10 KW. And the table is divided into sections which can be connected or disconnected with hand turned valves depending on the size of the sheet.
I've made a similar  foot with spring action for my router which is quite small. I don't use vacuum only hold the sheet with painter's tape at the edges.
Mark81
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 07:17:57 am »

Yes, I'm aware of this, but I'm going to give it a try without vacuum as well.
My goal is to reduce vibrations on large plywood stock that reduce the cutting quality drastically.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: