CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 08:29:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam plus V1.0 (rc-3)  (Read 3162 times)
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 11:32:15 am »

I have found the issue with debian just in case someone might have the problem.

At least for Debian 9  libgdiplus bump from version 5.6.1 to 6.0.4 so it is not feasible the downgrading, the version are too far away.

In the meantime no upgrade was available, the error is put in a community effort, maybe 10bulls could make some more investigations and maybe make an error report.

Regards

Carlo D.

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 11:11:45 am »

As the problem is not yet addressed in Mono, someone could make more error reports on it.

Maybe insisting some mono developer may notice the problem.

Regards

Carlo D.

Carlo D. (onekk)

Mark81
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 08:09:41 am »

I know most of you don't recognize it as a "bug", but I would kindly point out that still in rc-3 when you edit a field using the numeric keypad the first digit is actually a letter. Instead using the numbers in the row above the regular keyboard leads to the correct behavior.
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 09:41:18 am »

I know most of you don't recognize it as a "bug", but I would kindly point out that still in rc-3 when you edit a field using the numeric keypad the first digit is actually a letter. Instead using the numbers in the row above the regular keyboard leads to the correct behavior.

Not on my system, are you using Linux or Windows ? and is there a particular field that shows this behaviour ?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 09:43:38 am by EddyCurrent » Logged

Made in England
Mark81
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 11:34:41 am »

Yep, sorry I forgot to mention. I run Windows 7. Any field leads to this unexpected (and wrong, IMO) behavior.
Here my thread I wrote almost 5 years ago... still the same:

http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4920.0
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2019, 12:54:14 pm »

Having read the old thread I can now see the issue, however I would never start typing without first selecting the field so that's why I've never seen this before.

Made in England
Mark81
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2019, 16:21:28 pm »

Having read the old thread I can now see the issue, however I would never start typing without first selecting the field so that's why I've never seen this before.

I understand, but clicking on the field or on the label has different behaviors. If you click on the field it enters in edit mode immediately, placing the cursor at the end of the value (on in the middle, if you click there).
But for example, if you want to copy/paste something you have to select all, copy, go to another field, select all and paste. The same applies if you want to overwrite the content completely: you have to select all before.

Instead, if you click on the label you can easily copy/paste directly and overwrite the content.
So, I'm used to click on the label rather on the field.

That said, in my opinion, this is actually a bug and I would suggest a couple of ways to fix it:

• just make the behavior of the numeric keypad like the standard numbers above the keyboard (this would be the best)
  • or, disable the edit trigger when pressing a key with the focus on the label and select all when enter the field (maybe this could be put as a settings, because some people would prefer to avoid an automatic selection

onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 16:10:43 pm »

Speaking for Linux, the keypad behaviour is slightly "erratic", some times it behaves normally, i.e it respects the "block num" status, some times not, I haven't found why and when it appears, at least on my Devuan "Debian" machines, (two different machine, runnig the same distribution).

Some quick search I've done some time ago gave no result in such behaviour, but some time ago Mono was not so widespread, but hoping in some future investigations, as in Mono things are moving at different speeds, the part that interest Microsoft are ironed out quickly, other part are labelled "community efforts" or similar and left at the  community  "good wills" to iron them out.

Regards

Carlo D.

Carlo D. (onekk)

onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 17:25:53 pm »

For the OpenfileDialog problem, something is moving, I've posted a minimal "working" example to show the behaviour as i was asked to do, crossed fingers.

Regards

Carlo D.

Carlo D. (onekk)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: