CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 21:58:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam plus V1.0 (rc-1)  (Read 2616 times)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 20:30:24 pm »

False alarm.  I forgot that there is a version for Linux and copied the plugins from the windows installation.

And certainly, it was an older version on Windows insta. , because the last one is OS adaptive (V1.2.0.62 - 7 May 2019 for Cambam V1.0) and should works on both systems.

++
David
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 20:33:07 pm »

Thank you Andy. Are there a plan to release 64bit version of CB any time soon? It sure would be nice to be able to take advantage of more computer memory..

My 2ยข
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 20:38:04 pm »

Thank you Andy. Are there a plan to release 64bit version of CB any time soon? It sure would be nice to be able to take advantage of more computer memory..

Yes, that would be fine.

Currently, as a workaround, you can use the 4GB patch.

Remember that the patch must be applied each time you update CamBam because the patch sofware modify the cambam.exe file. (the original file is renamed "CamBam.exe.Backup" after that the patch is applied)

++
David
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 20:51:29 pm by dh42 » Logged
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 21:42:10 pm »

False alarm.  I forgot that there is a version for Linux and copied the plugins from the windows installation.

And certainly, it was an older version on Windows insta. , because the last one is OS adaptive (V1.2.0.62 - 7 May 2019 for Cambam V1.0) and should works on both systems.

++
David
My principle is 'if something works, don't look for upgrades'  Grin  If there was an announcement for the updated version, I must have missed it.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 22:05:37 pm »

My principle is 'if something works, don't look for upgrades'

Grin Grin most of the time, it's a good advice !! (and when it no longer works, ... use a hammer !)

++
David
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 22:48:43 pm »

But... I might 'contend' that a particular view should automatically fit the selected page size, without having to select an option to get it there.  Mine didn't do that either, but had a main menu option, where it was - eh - more visible.
Hi Lloyd!

I agree, hiding features in context menus is not good design... there should be room on print preview window to add a more obvious widgit.

As to the default scale, it currently defaults to the view scale.  So if you have a large drawing and are focused on just one part, I feel it likely that when you 'Print', you'd want to print the area filling the current view.  If we make the other scale options easier to get to, that seems a good compromise?
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 22:51:13 pm »

Yes, this is on the TODO list.
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 23:01:53 pm »

Yes, Andy.  "More visible" is the exact solution.  It needn't be 'automatic', just obvious.

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
alex_holden
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 08:27:38 am »

Hi Andy, glad to see you back and working on CamBam. I haven't tried it yet but am particularly excited by the idea of running CamBam directly on the Raspberry Pi I use to control my CNC mill (it may give me the excuse I've been looking for to upgrade it to a Pi 4!).
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 11:16:22 am »

Hi Andy, nice to hear you, for the fonts on Linux, I have found that some interface font could be changed (at least in 0.9.Cool and reassigned, but some don't.

How about a global setting for the interface font size.

On Linux Mono is not too able to get the "system fonts" as the way it is inplemented in windows is somewhat different to the way Linux thinks, (the WM or DE is managing the font and there are many way to to so).

Some times ago there was a patch for Mono that permits to specify the fonts used, but it has not implemented in Mono.

I have take some work around writing some of my Plugins, to set in the plugin interface a Fontsize NUD (NumericUpDown) to set the font and redrawing the forms accordingly.

As in Linux there are no graphical form designer, it is a matter of many code and some automatic "form creation".

But it works decently.

Plus I have some question on using C# the MOP API:

1) how to get the ToolPath generated via C# code?
2) how to set the Tabs, or better to assign the Tabs to a MOP (usually Profile) using C#:

Code:
// Test per personalize Tabs

List<HoldingTab> H_Tabs = new List<HoldingTab>();
            Polyline PP;

HoldingTab H_Tab = new CamBam.CAM.HoldingTab();
            int n_tabs = 5;

foreach (Entity ent in objects) {

for (int idx = 0; idx < n_tabs; idx++)
                {
                    PP = ent as Polyline;
                    H_Tab = new CamBam.CAM.HoldingTab(ent.ID, 1.0f / idx, new Vector2F(0,-1));
                    H_Tabs.Add(H_Tab);
                }

}

mop.Tabs = H_Tabs;

I've managed a rough example and it' works, but I don't catch what's is Vector2F, direction of the Tab, perpendicular to the Polyline?

Many Thanks and Best Regards

Carlo D.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 18:18:17 pm by onekk » Logged

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
gmoo
Storm Trooper

Jam it !

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2019, 11:47:27 am »

Just installed it over a running alpha16 using Win10-32bit 1903.

No problems detected. Made a few tests within my workflow,
everything seems to run as usual.

regards

Bernhard

best regards

Bernhard
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2019, 16:30:48 pm »

I won't be installing it on my main computer for a while.  I've got to many jobs half done to risk it, but I'll install it on this machine shortly and see what happens.  This machine has a partial set of the plugins and libraries that are on my main CAD CAM machine, because this was my CAD CAM machine before I got the new computer. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2019, 17:44:26 pm »

I won't be installing it on my main computer for a while.  I've got to many jobs half done to risk it, but I'll install it on this machine shortly and see what happens.  This machine has a partial set of the plugins and libraries that are on my main CAD CAM machine, because this was my CAD CAM machine before I got the new computer. 

Seemed like a pretty seamless install.  I don't do much work on this machine, but I use it all the time to test other user's files. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2019, 18:17:32 pm »

Yep... it went in just as easily on my XP-based CNC system.

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2019, 18:55:58 pm »

Andy,
I read about improvements regarding the output folder but it seems nothing major has changed.
Still, IMHO, a common output folder for all machining files included in the CB Options will be quite useful.
If the line is not empty and refers to an existing folder - use it as a common place for .nc file generation. If left empty - apply the other output methods.
Or maybe instead of a separate option at least CB could remember the last .nc file output folder so that next code generation will point right there.
In my work practice I generate all files in a dedicated folder and then they are copied over the internal network to the Mach3 PC. Currently I have to manually select it each time. I don't keep old .nc files but rather generate new. In this way the project folder is kept more clean only with geometry and .cb files in it.

Also, how about preventing layer automatic expansion? Or placing layers and Machining on separate dockers?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: