CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 13:25:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question to GRBL users  (Read 636 times)
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 17:44:39 pm »

That works for the tool, not for parts. You can’t isolate the spindle because it needs the safety ground wire. On the router I am building the entire table sits in a pan to catch chips and coolant. It is supported on tapped blocks made of aluminum. Change those to plastic and this will work for picking up tool length and part edges using the tool.

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 20:33:55 pm »

Fly,
I am building a CNC router for the high school FIRST robotics and likely will need to use a touch pad probing for part pickup and tool length because the machine will be fully enclosed and shuts off if the door opens. So I am going to need other techniques to avoid changing out the tool for a probe.

This just gave me an idea. Maybe insulate the Bed of the router from the frame so a clamped part can complete a circuit through the tool to ground!

To my mind 'router' = wood and 'mill' = metal, but in any case, if the work piece was non conductive that method would not work.

Made in England
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 11:02:39 am »

GRBL was not for 3d printing, at least not the stock GRBL it has became the base for many 3D printer firmware as it was the only affordable implementation with a decent motion controller.

See the wiki pages on GRBL wiki.

The main concern is that it was developed for "home CNC" so limited support for canned cycles and tool change, toll compensation.

Regards

Carlo D.

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: