CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2020, 06:15:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a couple of macros please .  (Read 3343 times)
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2019, 16:48:09 pm »

I could use a macro for tool change position and a park position. Oh yes i would use these every time i spark this machine up.
                                                                                                           Thanks for the help.
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 19:07:32 pm »

Mach3 2010 screenset have those options.
 you can find it here.

http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

My 2¢
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 19:56:38 pm »

Thanks . I just purchased the screenset from gerry. will he send me a link thru my email?
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 17:05:25 pm »

Well getting familiar with the 2010 screenset.  As far as wiring the 2 auto zero plates movable and fixed are they using the same wires basically just parrelled? The movable plate to be positioned on top of the stock?  So when the G Code stops for an M6 after zeroing it's going to the tool change position and then change the tool, then probe the fixed plate? After thinking about it park position is associated with M30 i think.And tc is a rapid to tool change position.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 17:25:47 pm by chuckeroo » Logged
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 18:56:30 pm »

"As far as wiring the 2 auto zero plates movable and fixed are they using the same wires basically just parrelled?"

Yes, those plates share the same input.

"The movable plate to be positioned on top of the stock?"

Yes.

So basically, after is all set on your machine ( you need working HOMING switches only, machine must know fixed place location in relation to your homing switches, and tool change position) with tool installed when you click the(chevron looking like) icon the auto z zero process start. The z axis will move down and will go till touches moving plate, and the proceed to fixed plate.. When the new too # will be called for, the machine will park for tool change in position where you tell it to be when you set this whole thing up. After tool change, click cycle start to resume machining.. Good luck.

My 2¢
driedeker
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 19:32:35 pm »

If you like the 1024 screenset and would like the 2010 macros in that,
I have a edited 1024 with all those macros as I use a mill and got used to the look

Well getting familiar with the 2010 screenset.  As far as wiring the 2 auto zero plates movable and fixed are they using the same wires basically just parrelled? The movable plate to be positioned on top of the stock?  So when the G Code stops for an M6 after zeroing it's going to the tool change position and then change the tool, then probe the fixed plate? After thinking about it park position is associated with M30 i think.And tc is a rapid to tool change position.

* edit1024.PNG (769.36 KB, 1915x1000 - viewed 98 times.)

* edit10242.PNG (428.45 KB, 1906x929 - viewed 94 times.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 20:32:00 pm by driedeker » Logged
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 21:28:58 pm »

Thanks and yes i can successfully home the mill. Gonna play with it and see what happens.
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 15:15:20 pm »

Driedecker that sounds interesting and yes i would like to have that. Thanks
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 21:38:37 pm »

well i installed the 2010 screeenset and tried homing with less than desirable results. when attemting to home the y i had no movement on the a axis and yes they a is slaved only because i have a gantry setup. Also i cannot enter prgram limit. when auto zeroing  i get a message clearance plane must be set to zero.HMMMMMMMMMMM
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 01:13:36 am »

well i installed the 2010 screeenset and tried homing with less than desirable results.
can you elaborate..

My 2¢
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 00:49:51 am »

You don't need any fancy screen set to use Macros with Mach 3.  I use macros with the ordinary 1024 screen set. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
driedeker
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2019, 09:24:10 am »

Driedecker that sounds interesting and yes i would like to have that. Thanks

put jpg in Mach3\Bitmaps\MillBitmaps and load the screenset.
Let me know if it pans out ok.

* 1024my.zip (23.87 KB - downloaded 38 times.)
driedeker
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 10:17:40 am »

You don't need any fancy screen set to use Macros with Mach 3.  I use macros with the ordinary 1024 screen set. 

can you elaborate.. what macros?
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 16:05:21 pm »

Any ones I want. 

All the screensets do is allow you to package them into a button and make it look pretty. 

Machscreen (a little buggy) by Klause allows you to edit your screens as well.  Its also helps to look at things and see how they work.  Macros themselves are just little "script" files.  Many of your M Codes activate macros. 

The ones I have modified on all my machines are for tool changes and end program.  M6 and M30.  My only real issue is a lack of knowledge about writing macros themselves.  I have made what I needed so far by dissecting other people's macros and figuring out what they do. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2019, 19:00:50 pm »

Bob  Sed:
"My only real issue is a lack of knowledge about writing macros themselves.  I have made what I needed so far by dissecting other people's macros and figuring out what they do."
---------------------

Don't feel to 'inadequate' about that!  That is how almost all programmers learn about a new language.  They try a few things, they study other folks software, and they practice.

I spent a whole career doing essentially that. 'Actually got 'pretty good' at a few languages. <grin>

Lloyd 

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: