CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 14:54:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to access program part information via a plugin programmatically  (Read 885 times)
MrJTJinx
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:19:22 am »

I'm pondering over producing an operation list from a job.  The all the information required is in the part submenu where the operations are listed followed by the relevant feeds speeds and tooling for each operation.  I propose writing a plugin which will extract this information and make it printable on an A4 sheet.
Any suggestions would be most helpful.
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 10:21:58 am »

Are you proposing to write the plugin yourself ?

Made in England
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 12:01:04 pm »

The plugin will involve some work on finding the appropriate C# "libraries" but in the UNOX world there are many "simple programs" that could take a csv file, or another simple "file format" and print or convert it in PDF, some of them are very easy to use and exist some ports even for the "Windows" or "Mac" world.

Regards

Carlo D.

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 17:05:29 pm »

Hello

Maybe this script can help to get parts/mops informations

http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6902.0

++
David
StefanR.
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 18:38:52 pm »

The tooling table is the easy part, use {$tooltable} in your post. Perhaps its also a good start point for the script. It's macro already goes through all MOP's to extract the tooling used.
MrJTJinx
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 12:39:59 pm »

Thanks David,
Eddy, Yes I was going to try and write something, I have noticed that its hard to encourage others who code to like peoples ideas and run with them to improve cambam.  Sadly i'm becoming disillusioned.  Over the last two years i have seen very few additional plugins and certainly no updates i can remember. I imagine most users have jumped on the Fusion360 band wagon, that's all well and good until Autodesk gets us all hooked and reliant and then starts to charge per month.  All i ask is if you like ideas you see other users come up with that you assist to the betterment of cambam for all.  Tried sprutcam, 10 coffees and as many hours, i lost interest due to its complexity.  Only pleased i tried a friends version - purchasing would have been a sever drop of a learning curve.

My programming skills are pretty basic so don't be expecting an all singing and dancing plugin.
Just because i don't own a Haas does not mean that i don't have inspirations of being professional.

The aim is to produce a job schedule so i can print out the operations and tools list and as i progress through the tool chain and load the code onto my machine, i don't have to start going back to look at cambam or the NC job file to remind myself what tools and operations i was going to perform.

Thanks for you suggestions and help so far, i will be trying my best to read through it and see if i can produce anything to report back for constructive criticism.
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 22:16:51 pm »

"Over the last two years i have seen very few additional plugins and certainly no updates i can remember."
--------------

That's just not true.  Our authors here contribute new or updated plugins regularly.

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 23:31:31 pm »

+1

2 years of plugins. (and remember that plugins are made by users, not by Andy)
http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4886.180

24 new plugins added and even more updated and enhanced. (and one that is not yet in the website ; I must do the web page and translation)

and the latest CB version is dated: V1 R16 - Build Date : 27/06/2018 (help/about)

++
David
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 23:39:32 pm by dh42 » Logged
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 02:17:24 am »

+1

2 years of plugins. (and remember that plugins are made by users, not by Andy)
http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4886.180

24 new plugins added and even more updated and enhanced. (and one that is not yet in the website ; I must do the web page and translation)

and the latest CB version is dated: V1 R16 - Build Date : 27/06/2018 (help/about)

++
David

+1
... and, I don't see a reason to complain about that.

My 2ยข
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: