CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2019, 13:49:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: linux version mono-alpha16-64bit problem with Text & libcambam64.so  (Read 2798 times)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 22:48:34 pm »

Hello

This is the first time I've tried to create text in it since I normally create .dxf files in Qcad and any text I bring over is as polylines.  Now that I have a itch for vengrave I will be using my Ubuntu boot for text.

You can also use imported polylines with the V-engrave plugin.

If you have some imported polylines representing a text ; select all those polylines and converts them to a "region". (CTRL + i) ; you will end up whith as many regions and polylines than chars in the text (chars that use more than one polyline will be converted into a region, others stay as polyline )

now you can assign those polylines/regions to the engrave mop

++
David
jamby
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 16:08:03 pm »

David

That worked for me.  Any letter that had multi lines,  a o e etc, were changed to regions and others worked as polylines.
It appears that all cuts are run twice and on some fonts when generating the g-code it locks up with a swirling circle for a cursor any time the mouse is moved into the properties area.  At those times the computer is not locked only CamBam but other times the whole computer locks up and I have to login with ssh and kill the process.  But those time are not that common.

[edit]  Well I just opened the file that created a g-code for me last night but all the regions and mops are gone?  At the times I saved the file I got an error message but checking in the directory the date/time showed current so I assumed (bad idea) it had saved.
  error message "There was an error reflection type 'VEngraveForCamBam.MOPVEngrave'".

It will be sometime before I am able to cut a part but hopefully soon.

Jim

[edit]  Well I went to the ubuntu side and created a similar text string (maybe a bit longer) "vengrave-text-test" and when i tried to create a g-code it bound up and I got the spinning circle in the properties area.  This lasted for more then an hour when I killed it.  Restarting and using the same text string I created g-code for each 4 character section of the text until tried the last one.  Then it hung again.  Rats..
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 17:54:58 pm by jamby » Logged
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 19:11:11 pm »

Copy the text into another layer and try to convert it to polylines and the combine into regions. You can select all. CB will combine into region only those which are contained in another.
jamby
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 20:41:52 pm »

Dragonfly

Not to sure about what you mean by "select all. CB will combine into region only those which are contained"
is it select all the polylines then press ctl-i for region or create each region then select all to include in the mop?

Other  (this from the ubuntu side.)
  Well I am continuing to have problems with generation g-code and reading in a saved .cb file with vengrave mop in it.  The attached files are the .cb file that created the .ngc file but now I can not open the .cb file.  The file contains only one text character a "V".   But other files with 5+ characters have locked up at different levels.  Some lock up CB completely other just lock up unable to complete the g-code.

So its time for a break and tomorrow I am headed into town so I'll get back to this later in the week.

Thanks for everyone's  help..
Jim

* vengrave-Vonly.ngc.txt (20.15 KB - downloaded 13 times.)
* vengrave-Vonly.cb.txt (3.79 KB - downloaded 12 times.)
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 21:48:22 pm »

The file you attached, vengrave-Vonly.cb.txt, was faulty, the end part of the file was missing, however I managed to repair it.

The "V" text character in your file looks like it was created from arcs and lines, not generated as text, however if it did start life as text it was subsequently converted to polyline and it's points modified.

I have attached a file that works perfectly for me. ( *** On Windows, I don't have Linux ***)

1. Machining Operation (MOP)  VEngrave1, was the one you created but I have added some data in the "Tool" section.
2. MOP VEngrave2-regioin, was created by entering three characters of "Arial" font (ABC) then, Edit->Convert To->Region.
3. MOP VEngrave3-text, was created by entering four characters of "Arial" font (TEXT) and left as 'text'

* vengrave-Vonly-B.cb (16.14 KB - downloaded 12 times.)

* veng.jpg (58.24 KB, 500x445 - viewed 27 times.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:42:34 am by EddyCurrent » Logged

Made in England
jamby
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 23:04:06 pm »

I told myself I'd stay away from this headache today but...

EddyCurrent

Yes the V in my file was a Text element in Qcad that was exploded 4 times then a polyline was created from the segments.
  I tried to load the file you sent me in both systems.  No luck, Centos won't deal with anything that has text in it.  Ubuntu won't do it just locks up.

So I reloaded CamBam1.0-mono-alpha16-64bit on both systems and the CamBam1.0-mono.system files plus the V-engrave ver-b0012.  After testing both by creating multiple files with geometry, creating g-code, and reloading the files I tried again to load your file.  Locked up ubuntu again.

////////Oh also in Centos any .cb file with V-engrave in it fails with a warning "There was an error reflection type 'VEngraveForCamBam.MOPVEngrave'"./////// see edit below.
I was able to create a vengrave file using a polyline,  save it , reload it.  Once I had the correct version of VEgrave.dll in place.

I did look at the end of both my test file and yours and the only difference I could see was the "tool tip" size.  So I don't know why it was missing the end?

Thanks
Jim

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 00:27:56 am by jamby » Logged
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 00:35:06 am »

HI Jim
I don't think you are going to have any joy with the version of linux you are using
(you see there's a serialization hack in the Vengrave plugin)
If you really want to use the plugin you could roll back to version Ubuntu 16.04 like DragonFly.

Dave
jamby
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 02:33:04 am »

Well as you can tell from looking at the attached files i have to work my way up to a complete g-code but both these files were read in a .dxf's from Qcad and the first one ran perfect once I got all the regions created.  The second one had problems with the "E" at the start because of the overlapping polylines.  But once I moved the one on the far left away and cut the left side of the letter with a vertical line,  it ran fine,  the font was  Beckett-Kanzlei.

The cutter path is cleaner then other V-carve software I've tried,  a big improvement..
Oh done in Centos7

Thanks
Jim

* teetering2gcode.cb (41.82 KB - downloaded 14 times.)
* text-test-entrance.cb (34.07 KB - downloaded 13 times.)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: