CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 11:29:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 16 Tooth HTD Pulley  (Read 12767 times)
mrbean
Administrator
Storm Trooper

Web Jedi

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2007, 22:25:21 pm »

Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaa.

Here's the first shared file in the 'Share your files' forum.  Shocked

Oh. A quick note.....
To get the toolpath right into the bottom of the pulley teeth, I had to use a cutter diameter of 2.99mm, instead of 3mm.
What's 1/100th of a mm between friends?
Or...  0.00039 inches, for those of an imperial persuasion.

I have tried the pullies and they work really well.  Mine are machind from Delrin, but Aluinium would be good if you can machine it.

I hope the file is useful to someone.

Regards  MrBean.

* HTD_16_Tooth.zip (1.76 KB - downloaded 1256 times.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 23:07:59 pm by mrbean » Logged
Doanwannapickle
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:09:20 am »

Acetal is a very good choice, I wouldn't be too quick to go to aluminum unless it's a high stress application.   If anything, I'd bet that the hub wears out first.  If the teeth wear out first, the tension is wrong or the tooth form isn't right.

Your present design looks quite good.  If anything, I would sleeve it to keep the bore intact.

Cheers,
Walt

EL34
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 16:58:54 pm »

Hey Bean, thanks for the file.

I ran it through simulation a couple times and it had a weird cut that didn't seem right.
I'll try and get a screen shot later to show you what I mean.

I'm sure your file is fine, just trying to figure out what this strange cut is.

see ya

Mach 3, Cambam, Autodesk Quickcad 8, machine info -> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Cnc/CNC0.htm
EL34
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 18:02:42 pm »

Aaaaaakkkk, I figured out what the probelm was. One of the tools in the simulator was not set to the same diameter as your tool.

Simulated fine after that and looks great. Gonna keep that file on hand as a tooling lesson.

here's a screen shot of the gear simulation.

Mach 3, Cambam, Autodesk Quickcad 8, machine info -> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Cnc/CNC0.htm
mrbean
Administrator
Storm Trooper

Web Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 23:08:25 pm »

Hey that looks neat.  Is that the software that uses the "Petrol" files?

The *.cb has not got any weirdies in it.  I've made 2 16T pullies now and have used them on my Z axis.  Works a treat. Wink

I did take a photo, but it's ugly as hell.  I made a really nasty adjustment bearing on an eccentric because the belt was too long.
I say made, but I just picked up a piece of scrap that had some holes in, and used that.
Also I had to glue on some 'parts' to guide the belt.  Next time I'll make some proper chamfered flanges that fit.  Roll Eyes

Onward and upward........  I think.... Huh

Regards MrBean.

EL34
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 13:36:14 pm »

Hey that looks neat.  Is that the software that uses the "Petrol" files?
Yes, this is cnc simulator.
http://www.cncsimulator.com/

I just dl'd a week ago so I have not had to use a petrol file yet.
I guess after a certain amount of time you have to ask them for a petrol file to be able to keep using it.
No big deal, looks like they are do give people free petrol refills based on what I read on their forum.

The 3 view panes can be customized for several different views.

In my screen shot above, the lower left area shows the tools and the cuts in 3d as you are running th G-code.
You can set up all your tools and diameters so it matches what you are using in Cambam.
You can customize the workpiece size.
You can slide that lever on the right side and set the speed so you can watch in slow motion.
The color depth graph can be set up for different grauations  of depths.
Then you can save your project with all those settings.

It has another cool feature I like. The right side of the screen is not showing in my screen shot. That's where you can paste gcode. You can click to start new buffesr and then each buffer can have it's own gcode. You can switch back and forth between buffers without re-pasting gcode.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: