CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2020, 20:31:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish CamBam had an autosave feature, instead of creating backup on each save  (Read 2688 times)
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 14:50:54 pm »

AutoSave plugin is here; http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7820.msg62637#msg62637

Made in England
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 21:16:12 pm »

Only one question comes to mind right now, Eddy.

If the file has never been saved (as from 'new') how would autosave know what name to give it?

Hello

Maybe in this case, the autosave can just ask for the filename, like with the save menu when filename not exist.

++
David

It uses "Untitled" but that word is translated.

An enable/disable option for the autosave.

++
David

That has been added

One side note: When a new file "Untitled" has been created and not saved if I invoke code generation CamBam goes to the last folder where a .nc file has been created. (In my case I use a single common folder for code generation.) If I give a name and save the file CB goes to its folder for code generation.
I have stated before my wish to have a selectable common folder for code generation.

The plugin has no connection with code generation but once you specify the AutoSave folder then that folder will be used every time unless you change it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 21:19:40 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged

Made in England
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: