CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2019, 05:52:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 Gb patch  (Read 1832 times)
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2019, 00:38:09 am »

After downloading the patch and unzipping it this is what i see popping up on the screen. I have read that the patch needs to be associated with Cambam .exe. Am i correct so far.the 1 thing is after unzipping it never asked me to run the file. Don't know what i'm missing but it sure would be nice to have this working. It also displays can't open exe.

* 4 gb capture.PNG (172.94 KB, 981x609 - viewed 84 times.)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 02:15:43 am »

Hello

It's the patch that gives thoses red lines on the screen ?

On this windows, you must select the CamBam.exe file to patch

Here is a video for patching (the 4GB_patch.exe must be run as administrator)

http://www.metabricoleur.com/t15407-fichier-stl-trop-lourd-pour-cambam#305308

I have read that the patch needs to be associated with Cambam .exe

Not exactly "associated" but you must select the .exe file to be patched. The cambam.exe file while be replaced with a new patched exe file ; the old file (the original) is renamed CamBam.exe.Backup by the patch software.

++
David
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:23:57 am by dh42 » Logged
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 20:51:23 pm »

No the red lines i suspected were a problem with the graphics card but since it shows up in a screenshot it's got me wondering now. The reason is, i would not think that the graphics card would be used for a screenshot,maybe i'm wrong.Another problem to solve. Anyway back to the task at hand. When i right click and run as administrator what appears is "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer".Underneath that, 4gb_patch.exe. Also a screenshot included and i don"t see Cambam.exe though i do see Cam bam application. HMMM. Well that"s what i have to work with.Hopefully you can make sense of this.Thanks for the help!!

* Capture.PNG (40.12 KB, 601x493 - viewed 62 times.)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 21:09:07 pm »

Hello

Also a screenshot included and i don"t see Cambam.exe though i do see Cam bam application. HMMM. Well that"s what i have to work with.Hopefully you can make sense of this.Thanks for the help!!

Yes, it's because the file extension display is off so the ".exe" is not visible. On your picture, the CamBam.exe is the file named CamBam that have no extension ; the one with the black/yellow cambam icon.

++
David
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 21:19:44 pm »

Yessir i did suspect that.Thanks
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 16:15:44 pm »

Well using this 4gb patch gave me grief installing it until this morning when i got updates for win 7. I haven't had this computer online in years. Moral of the story don't cause yourself grief get all the updates first before try this patch. It is now working.Thanks for the help David.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 00:07:58 am »

Ok, a friend have had the same problem on his win7 , no way to install the spacemouse on win 7 SP0, but works on Win 7 SP1 ....

++
David
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 01:48:54 am »

HI Chuck
Do yourself a favour and let the computer update to SP3 and then stop it from updating, if you are not using it to surf the net as your main computer that is. SP3 is stable and some recent updates can cause you controller trouble.
Dave
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 02:45:20 am »

Hello

Seems that the latest SP for Win 7 is the SP1 (and SP3 for Win XP)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14162/windows-service-pack-and-update-center#sptabs=win7

++
David
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 12:05:20 pm »

Seems that the latest SP for Win 7 is the SP1 (and SP3 for Win XP)
Well Yes and no.
Hi David
You might be interested to know, when I was digging around the net on Information for Bluetooth articles (can't remember exactly maybe 18 moths to 2 years ago) and  one article revealed that there were a series of Official MS Platform Updates (perhaps erroneously referred to as SP2 and SP3).

Like in the Atricle of the  first pic, where they say, they are service packs in all but name. this caught my interest.
 from the lifewire website https://www.lifewire.com/latest-windows-service-packs-updates-2624595  where they also called them Patches.
This is where I found out about them.
I thought they were called Service Packs too but when I followed the link to MS  they called them Platform Updates.

If I remember correctly they were released in  late 2016 early 2017  the last Platform Update gave me Bluetooth that worked.
The second pic is of the first update page of MS.

Both my Mill and my Lathe use Win7 32 with these Platform Updates applied and they run Mach3 and Bluetooth stable.

I went back and had a look at my notes of a recent  fresh install, after a Microsoft update went awry and stopped Mach3 from working.
with my dodgy download speeds (at the time) it took many hours to download and update and re-Install everything.

I had noted down that I had  to Install the Platform Updates Manually or you don't get the Bluetooth drivers, among quite a few other services.
I don't think I would have known they were there except for Idly browsing the Lifewire Magazine website for Bluetooth
articles. A bit of serendipity I suppose. Smiley

It's good policy to have your controller PC not connected to the internet with virtually nothing else installed
as on more than one  occasion MS updates have stopped Mach3 from working.
I believe the last one was a Win10 debacle.

After a fresh Install of win7/Mach3 and doing these two Platform Updates, I disable the WiFi
and make sure the Bluetooth is working and take the PC to the machine.

Dave

* MS Platform Update for service pack 1.PNG (46.83 KB, 848x528 - viewed 71 times.)

* service packs.PNG (63.37 KB, 734x426 - viewed 63 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: