CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2019, 13:31:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: FreeCAD WorkBench to import CBfiles  (Read 6034 times)
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2018, 13:16:09 pm »

HI Carlo

I had a little time on the weekend to look at the Path workbench, and it uses a different approach to CB, being
truly 3D.
I made a Mach3 PP for it (most people have been advised to use the Linuxcnc one) which will work
but I've added a few things to make it resemble my CB PP.

Still more to learn but I'm enjoying it, I like the Simulator and will do some tests to see if it can do things like
represent G83 canned cycles as Camotics can not do this yet.

The tool Libs in Freecad Path look like a subset of the CB ones.
Dave

* Custom Mach3 PP.PNG (46.79 KB, 1085x565 - viewed 87 times.)
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2018, 15:47:31 pm »

In the Meantime, I'm starting to test it on 0.18

First iteration is beta_8, no new features, only added some code to detect the Qt5 and rewrite some code to be compatible to Python3.

It is not a great improvement, but seem to work on my shiny new 0.18 AppImage I've just downloaded.

Beta_9 is a more modified version with some code adaptation for Pyside2 (a little trick to prepare for the transition)

plus the Text object now honour the horizonthal position using the Justification parameter of Qt (The text is an Annotation)

the "p2" parameter is fixed now (I've interpreted wrong his meaning)

So here the file

Regards

Carlo D.

* OneCAM-beta_9.zip (49.8 KB - downloaded 49 times.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 16:58:37 pm by onekk » Logged

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2018, 23:25:09 pm »

HI Carlo
Ver 9 reports an Indentation error for me.
Dave
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2018, 10:38:51 am »

HI Carlo
Ver 9 reports an Indentation error for me.
Dave

Sorry, in the process of saving, i wrongly hit the spacebar (I suppose).

Here the ver 9a with the typo fixed

* OneCAM-beta_9a.zip (49.8 KB - downloaded 48 times.)

Carlo D. (onekk)

EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2018, 11:16:56 am »

Have you tried importing a cb file that uses inches ?

Made in England
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2018, 22:28:32 pm »

HI Carlo

Thanks, works fine now. I read recently that the Python crowd are moving away from the Tab Delimited formatting
in favor of space Delimiting.

I've had a bit more time with the Path Workbench and have discovered that once you get used to it, it's pretty easy to use (I like working with the 3D model)  where a fair bit of the work is done for you Automatically (in applying the Mops).

Work holding tabs are applied separately in the Dress-up's where there are also things like Drag knife Dress-up features as well. Nice!

I am using the Latest Nightly Build 0.18 (couple of days ago).
I have loaded up Imperial Files (Changed my Freecad  Prefs first) and they seem OK.

Dave

* Latest Build.PNG (7.36 KB, 430x185 - viewed 81 times.)
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2018, 07:08:34 am »

Hi All

Just added the full complement of Mop's to my Freecad Toolbar, there are heaps of mops that are not shown at startup
and may be missed, one of particular interest is Full adaptive tool path, as well as clamp and fixture hopping just to name a few. It'll probably take me a few weeks to get around to testing then all out. feel like a kid at Xmas Grin
The G83's seem to be fine, as well as G41\G42 offsets, Axis mapping ect ect.
Dave
edit forgot pic:

* Freecad Path Full Toolbar +Adaptive toolpaths.PNG (43.96 KB, 1352x106 - viewed 101 times.)
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2018, 10:09:28 am »

Yes it seems that FreeCAD Path Workbench is growing rapidily.

I'm planning to investigate some features of FreeCAD, but as it is more geared towards 3D working, and my machine and my "work" is more 2.5 D (cutting plywood sheets) CamBam has some "point" over FreeCAD.

But it depends on how the CamBam development will be in the future, as the FreeCAD community is more responsive to suggestion than CamBam developer(s) maybe even the Path Workbench will evolve in a manner that will be so intuitive as CamBam in 2.5D work.

In the meantime, i will investigate more areas for OneCAM (let me call in this manner)

1) finish the import of the CB entities in a decent manner so the work to obtain some GCode in FreeCAD will be nmore easy (maybe trying to reproduce the MOPs parts in FreeCAD)

2) working on some little "export to CamBam" feature to obtain a loadable CB file

I'm investigating the "inner work" of FC shapes as at a first glance it will be possible to pass some "custom  parameteres" to the FC shapes to hold some important information that permit the "reverse work" of exporting in CamBam.

3) a way to "import" the CB Tool Table between in FC.

These are the main area of future development, maybe not very near future, maybe some weeks or even some months, as developing in FC (and having in the IDE the python "classes and parameters" visibility is not very easy)

But the codebase is opens so some investigation is possible in every corner of the software.

Regards

Carlo D.   

Carlo D. (onekk)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: