CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2019, 20:13:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help with CamBam for Linux.  (Read 648 times)
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2018, 11:22:28 am »

This is a request for help to the more advanced Linux users and perhaps Andy.

I already wrote about the font size problem in the CB menu system. This happened after the last version upgrade of Mono (from 5.12 to 5.14). I am not writing in the bugs section because this is not a bug since CB is working (with the bugs and limitations already known). I wouldn't say it is impossible to work but the interface became really ugly with so big size of the fonts in the native CB menus. On a 23" display.
As it can be seen on the attached screenshot (if you view it at 100% zoom) the problem affects only the menus. And the drawing toolbar is missing. The plugins display their windows and dialogs with the normal font size.
I tried to find info and help on the net. Even installed Qt5 (out of desperation) and almost messed the whole system. But no change.
And CamBam is the only program which has this problem. This makes me think it maybe some parameter when compiling it for Linux.

* BigFonts2.png (112.85 KB, 1236x1054 - viewed 90 times.)
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 18:22:44 pm »

Maybe trying to check the changelog of 5.14 will worth, in the past there were some discussion about some settings to add somewhere to change the default font of Mono, as many user are complaining about the too small default font that was hardcoded in the sources.

But maybe this will help

https://www.mono-project.com/docs/faq/winforms/

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5901299/how-to-use-system-font-settings-for-a-windows-c-sharp-app

some answers on forums say it is calculated from the DPi setting (but they refer to Ubuntu and are rather old)

One of many things that seems be changed is the return of Monodevelop (some versions ago they say it was discontinued and they did not supply new version in their repositories, but during the recent update it seems to have been retintroduced as the package is

pool/main/m/monodevelop/monodevelop_7.5.0.1254-0xamarin1+debian9b1_amd64.deb
)

Regards

Carlo D.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 18:27:22 pm by onekk » Logged

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: