CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2019, 11:48:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Importing multiple DXF files into CB help needed please.  (Read 2873 times)
huntleybill
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 06:00:09 am »

OK...great but..it says in the documentation that I access the plugin in the plugin menu.

I do not have a file merge option in the plugins menu.

So how is the plugin accessed? Or am i missing something?
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 08:28:10 am »

Hi Bill

Don't know what version of CB or OS you are using but this is for win7 cb ver .98.
If you are positive that the .dll file is in the plugin's directory it could be that you didn't unblock it.(it will still show up in the directory). but won't be seen by CB.
by the way if you place a plugin in the CB plugin's folder, you then need to restart CB for the changes to take effect.

Dave

* bill unblock file merge.PNG (55.06 KB, 383x520 - viewed 95 times.)

* bill place the dll in here for ver 98.PNG (78.98 KB, 421x701 - viewed 90 times.)

* bill file merge in drop down plugin menu.PNG (46.36 KB, 508x567 - viewed 95 times.)
huntleybill
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 15:24:03 pm »

Thank you Dave. Wow , you have a lot of plugins!

I followed your instructions but I have no file merge in my plugins list. I have Windows 7 and am using V .98 as well. I have attached pictures for your review.

I decided to start over. I removed the dll files from plugins folder. I re-downloaded a copy of filemerge. I unlocked it, I extracted the zip file to the plugins folder. I restarted CB.

Nothing! I have no idea why this does not work.

* drawing.png (176.45 KB, 794x1123 - viewed 103 times.)

* drawing-1.png (130.77 KB, 794x1123 - viewed 110 times.)
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 16:08:54 pm »

Bill,
Many of the plugins do NOT show up in the 'plugins' drop-down.  Instead they show up in the various 'regular' menus as additions.

Check each of the dropdowns (like, for instance 'file') to see if you find it there.

I don't have merge presently installed, so I cannot tell you where it should be.  But 'plugins' isn't the only place to look!

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
driedeker
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 18:22:27 pm »

file merge appears in my plugins menu its called file merge not merge files.
thats in vers 1
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 00:55:39 am »

HI Bill
Ok, this will be about file permissions.

First I would set CB to run as Administrator, then I would make sure that your antivirus hasn't quarantined the file.

As a quick test I would extract the file to "My Documents"  first and then copy it from there to the CB plugin's Directory.
then run CB as an Administrator and see how you go.

I've included a pic of the File permissions I have on my working file.

Dave

* File Merge plugin permissions.PNG (99.04 KB, 1009x511 - viewed 95 times.)
huntleybill
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 05:04:25 am »

WOW..this is weird! I followed your instructions with regard to permissions. I unzipped the .dll to my documents and copied it to CB plugins folder. I ran CB as Admin. and still no file merge.

So, I downloaded CB V1.0, I copied the file merge dll to the plugins folder and BINGO, there it is!! It works in 1.0 but not in .98. I think I'll just keep V1.0. I gave up on .98.

* drawing.png (48.59 KB, 794x1123 - viewed 105 times.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:23:44 am by huntleybill » Logged
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 06:19:35 am »

HI Bill

No it's not weird, you see the plugin that you could download from the "plugin's section" of this site is for CB .98.
and as you were having trouble I thought that perhaps you were using CB ver 1 and so I re-compiled the             source code of the plugin so that it could be used on CB ver 1 and that must be the version you were trying to get going with CB ver .98. (some plugin's wont run with CB ver 1 and have to be re-compiled to work ).

Anyway now that you are on the plugin Bandwagon you should download David's dh42 Numerical move plugin as it will make your life much easier when drawing within CB.

Dave
imr700x
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:35 am »

Anyway now that you are on the plugin Bandwagon you should download David's dh42 Numerical move plugin as it will make your life much easier when drawing within CB

Or do what I do and download all of them, many hours of fun playing with them plus they help me understand more about machining and drawing.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 17:18:20 pm »

Hi Bill
I'm glad it worked for you.
I tried the File Merge Plugin in ver .98 of CB and it worked well and have re-compiled it for CB ver 1 if you are using that.
Dave

Hello

I just add the version for CB 1.0 to the web site, sorry for the delay ...  Embarrassed

http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/FileMerge.html

++
David
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: