CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2018, 06:43:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with ctrl+B  (Read 567 times)
imr700x
Droid

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2018, 00:42:04 am »

Whenever I do a break at intersections pieces of the lines disappear and after doing it a few times when redrawing an imported file from Inkscape the lines look like dotted lines and try to  join them with a large tolerance can cause the wrong pieces to be joined. The gaps appear in the new lines and any old lines form the Inkscape file.

I am using V 1 on win7 64bit with the 4 gig patch and I suspect that I have a setting wrong somewhere so a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.

* gto test.cb (317.4 KB - downloaded 19 times.)
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 20:39:35 pm »

The file from Inkscape is a mess, there are hundreds of multiple superimposed line segments.

I used this plugin to clean it up; http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/FileCleaner.html

Cleaned file attached.

* gto test2.cb (177.19 KB - downloaded 20 times.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 20:46:08 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
imr700x
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 00:44:06 am »

Thanks for that Eddycurrent. I often use inkscape to create dfx files from images of logo's, cartoon characters and files cad drawings in formats not recognised by CB and  it has only dawned on me now that I only have this problem with these files.

I have tried to use that cleaner plugin in the past but couldn't figure out what settings to use and or deleting the wrong lines. My current method is to select the entire picture then use the edit>invert selection and then delete but now I can use your cleaned file and play with the original and play with different settings so I get the same results.

Thanks again.
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 14:54:27 pm »

These were the settings used (I use metric measurements)

1. select all the lines then click "Clean Polyline"

Cleaned lines will appear in the new "Working Layer"

* Image5.jpg (119.15 KB, 800x745 - viewed 36 times.)
imr700x
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 08:47:05 am »

Thanks again. I have been having a play with it this afternoon and I also noticed that if I check the box near the top that I don't have to guess at which one to delete.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: