CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2018, 23:15:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chain Tensioners for a Ducati 750 Sport Motorcycle  (Read 372 times)
Arie kabaalstra
CNC Jedi

why buy one, if you can build one?

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2018, 13:25:58 pm »

As you might know, i am a keen motorcyclist, i have 2 Ducati's and unfortunately my 750 Sport got damaged, the rear sprocket worked itself loose ( will add Lockwire to that) and it ruined the rear swingarm.

But.. as luck would have it, i found a replacement rear swingarm at the annual Ducati Club Races in Assen the Netherlands, a raceday i have visited every year since 1996 when i bought my first Ducati.

the original Chain Tensioners were..wel.. a bit pitted and they look kinda boring.. so i fabricobbled some new ones..

Drawn in Alibre Design, and Code generated with CamBam..
I used basic Countour and pocket Operations for the majority of the part, only the sloping surfaces were done with a 3D Operation, in Horizontal and Vertical orientation.

Recently i found out that you can "rotate" such an operation, to align the toolpaths  with the shape, if it is not aligned with either the X or Y axis.. Nice..  Grin

I Keep experimenting with CamBam, and i'm Still surprised what it can do..
Andy, i owe you one!
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 14:57:42 pm »

Its always nice to see a machined part that works out well.  Especially knowing what went into it. 

Recently i found out that you can "rotate" such an operation, to align the toolpaths  with the shape, if it is not aligned with either the X or Y axis.. Nice.. 

There has been a method where we rotate the geometry, and then rotate the operation back by the same amount as a work around for a while.  Is there a new way?  I have not noticed it. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
Arie kabaalstra
CNC Jedi

why buy one, if you can build one?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 15:31:05 pm »

What i did was rotate the 3D model to align the feature to the X-Axis, generate the paths. and then apply  a transformation in the MOp itself.. worked like a charm..
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 16:18:29 pm »

What i did was rotate the 3D model to align the feature to the X-Axis, generate the paths. and then apply  a transformation in the MOp itself.. worked like a charm..

Ok, so just the same as what I said.  I thought I had read that there was going to be an angle parameter added to horizontal/vertical machining eventually and that I had just missed its implementation.

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
kvom
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 12:43:32 pm »

You can also use G68 to rotate the axes on your mill if your control supports it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: