CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2018, 16:26:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB Development Version 1.0 vs .98p  (Read 1043 times)
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2018, 21:22:42 pm »

I have been using CB version 98P for 10 months or so now and am pleased with its performance. Between CB and Draftsight there really has been nothing standing in my way. The only thing I have not had any time behind the wheel with is the 3d stuff. Many of my larger parts (usually around 3-5 a month) are worth in the $20,000.00 to $40,000.00 range when material (inconel, monel, 25 chrome, etc.) and labor are factured in. So that alone should tell you how much I trust CB and my ability to use it on the machine.

Version 1.0 looks like the future of this software and its time for me to start using it.

Does anyone see a big overall improvement feature, tool path generation and performance wise?

Do I need to purchase another license or can I use my current one to get to full usage?

I downloaded the demo, but some features were not available and I did not see anything very diffrent about it.

I know it can be loaded side by side with 98p, but I was concerned about licensing issues using one license.  Thanks in advance for any feedback 

dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 21:41:10 pm »

Hello

Currently, there is no big change in V1.0 and no news in machining operation.

The major additions (usable at this moment) are drawing tools, like the BitMap object, the Spline object and the Script object and a print function. Some 0.98 bugs are also solved in 1.0.

http://www.cambam.info/doc/dw/1.0.0/WhatsNew.htm

http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Bug_report.html

Do I need to purchase another license or can I use my current one to get to full usage?

You can use the same license as for the 0.98.

I know it can be loaded side by side with 98p

Yes, until the V1.0 is declared as stable version ... from that moment V1.0 will overwrite 0.98 and only one of the two version can be installed at a time.

++
David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: