CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2018, 15:35:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deckel Dialog 11 post processor  (Read 2594 times)
Vitran
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2018, 13:51:32 pm »

Hello,

I am making a new post processor for my Dialog 11 and there are commands I need to modify and I am not sure what to write. I need to change some of the text that shows up in a post processor from the terms shown. I have not found how to write text yet.

The arc is a little different for the Dialog 11 compared to the Dialog 4 I found. It is:

G2 X# Y# Z# II# JI# KI#

Where the I stands for incremental. Without the I, the machine assumes the origin number is absolute. I had assumes that adding that one I to the text would be easy. I can't seem to change the text of the {$i} to make it work.

Other aspects are how to change the text in commands like a deep drill command. It is of the form:

G83 TA# OA# SA# EA# MI#

Where TA is depth absolute, OA surface absolute, SA safety plane absolute, EA retraction plane absolute, MI peck depth.

Other things, like comments are inside [] brackets, a ? at the end of the program, a %###*% at the start, and a few other things are needed. I just can't seem to figure out how the post works in Cam Bam.
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 16:42:49 pm »

In that line of code I don't believe the I is for incremental.  I,J,K are usually the X,Y,Z coordinates of the center of the arc.  Now some CNCs use incremental references from the starting X,Y,Z while others use absolute position of the center with respect to the origin. So you need to know what your CNC expects.  Getting this wrong is what accounts for all the reports of "Crop Circles", large arcs when you were expecting a tiny little arc.

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
Vitran
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 17:42:02 pm »

Gary,

I found this out making a post processor for Featurecam when I was using that. It was a real challenge to figure out because when I was writing out code by hand on the machine I would always add the I and A, but I didn't notice it in the post processor for a few weeks when I started to do pocket machining and it kept on saying arc radius error was too large. I then went in and added all the Is and it worked

The machine can have either II JI KI or IA JA KA where the I and A stand for incremental and absolute and defaults to absolute if there is no I or A
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 17:52:06 pm by Vitran » Logged
mei-tech
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 09:16:46 am »

Hi,

I have a Deckel Dialog 3 and want to use cambam in futur.

Could you please provide me the Dialog 4 processor your found and your Dialog 11 post processor as reference?
Do you use a simulation tool? Which one?

Thanks a lot!
kvom
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 12:16:38 pm »

Seems if default is A then CB setting to absolute would eliminate need for post modification.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: