CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2018, 16:48:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: missing some genarated tool paths  (Read 410 times)
loumin
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2018, 20:50:18 pm »

hi cam bam crew iv a small problem and yes I'm new to this so could some one help iv made a dxf file in liebre cad moved to cam bam so I high light it, join it, select it, profile cut out on a slot and set up tool path but once generated it missis some holes or slots out the tool is smaller than slot so I'm lost to why?help Cry
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 21:40:24 pm »

Loumin,
Welcome aboard the group!  You'll get GREAT help here.  In fact, I think this is the MOST helpful group you'll find on the internet, anywhere.

But the first thing you need to know (about this group), is that the BEST way to get help is to post your .cb file, AND to tell us what post-processor you're using.  You can do-so with the "additional options" button below the posting frame.

I hope that helps you get to your solution.

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
loumin
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:31:21 am »

hi lloyd post processor ? do you mean mach 3 or what chip iv got in my pc iv clicked on the post processor and it took me to another page is this correct where to go from there please be pationt im diclexic as yo can see lol
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:22:57 pm »

Loumin,
The post-processor is that 'intermediary' software that translates CamBam's 'internal information' into the specific form of g-code honored by your machine.

For instance, if your machine is based on Mach3, then you'd want to set the "post processor" setting to Mach3.

CamBam is shipped with 'default' as the PP, and it needs to be set to ensure it's the correct one for your machine.

FWIW, post-processors are human-readable files which may be modified by the user to suit special circumstances.

Lloyd

loumin
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:49:39 am »

hi im using mach 3 post procesors and the first program was fine as sample but as soon as iv altered the drawings its started to miss out certain parts of gcode iv gone back to dxf file redone the drawing saved whent back to cam bam join mops ect made sure the end mill is under size and selected all entities individualy found a ramdom line deleted it so there is no confusion and it still missing certain holes its definately something in cambam iv been running on default post processors untill yesterday i dont feel to confident in shairing my file as ther is a lot of cloning in the drone scene
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 12:26:27 pm »

its definately something in cambam
Sorry, but when I see such statements from a novice I tend to lose my will to help.
CamBam is used by so many people and for such a long time already, therefore such major faults would have been spotted long ago.
And please, read the user manual. Learn the terminology used so we can speak the same language.

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
loumin
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 12:46:32 pm »

ok im sorry to bother you but im sure you were a noob once ? iv said im dyslexic in earlyer post and the comment on cam bam was not to blame anyone it was ment as a setting within cambam ie iv done something within cam bam could you help me im on my ass please
loumin
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 12:59:41 pm »

if i could add more info when i started up computer and brought up cambam loaded dxf file joined then started to select certain items holding ctrl for multiple items as doing this cambam shut down had to reload file thought it was strange but carried on and had problems since with it generating tool paths this may shed some light im not sure
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 13:52:40 pm »

Loumin,
We really DO want to help.  But if you don't post your .cb file to the board, all we can do is guess what might be the matter.

Use the "Additional options" button below the posting frame, and ATTACH the offending .cb file.  Someone will probably VERY quickly point out what you've got wrong in it.

Lloyd

Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 14:47:55 pm »

One thing you must do is to take measures (use different drawing program) for your geometry files. So that it provides directly usable .DXF files for using them in CamBam without additional editing and manipulation. Or at least reduce the need for editing to a minimum. That means closed shapes when they are defined as closed, no duplicates and overlapping points. Otherwise it becomes a pain to clean up geometry each time after every little modification.

I'm sorry to hear about your dyslexia. Still, no other way to learn either from the manual or from written help here. Getting to grips with the terminology and the basics will help you ask more particular questions and get adequate answers. Pity you feel uneasy posting your files here. Or even a file containing only the offending geometry shapes.

im sure you were a noob once
True, but when I know I am a novice I look for my own errors first before blaming the program. And still I can't say I know well every aspect of CamBam.

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 15:07:05 pm »

Loumin,
Just to be clear, there are many of us here who've been using CamBam in all its various versions for years.  I use it every day to make products for my customers, and there are a number of others here who do, as well.

To my knowledge, there is no such 'bug' in CB, so we must assume the problem is in your file.

We're happy to help.  But, please:  Help us help you.  If someone asks for a file (and it's not a customer's proprietary work), please post the file using the 'additional options' feature.  If it IS a proprietary file you cannot publish, then post an 'excerpt' of the file that demonstrates only the problem.

There's a LOT of help and a lot of knowledge on this site.  In fact, I believe this is the MOST-helpful product web site you'll ever visit.  Please give us the chance to show you it's so.

Lloyd

Imagining
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:55 am »

With any learning disability, learning while using more than one method, or modality as its technically known, is very productive.

I suggest you print out the CamBam instruction manual, in color, and then go to youtube and follow the CamBam videos there with the printed manual on the desk so you can read the section in the manual the video is about.  As you watch the youtube videos, stop the video and then read the manual, plus copy the steps in the manual to a notebook and related those to the video you are watching, along with notes to yourself.  Use only one side of a page in the notebook that way it will not be so difficult to locate notes you've taken.

You are using three modalities, which means three separate portions of your brain is processing the information.  This also means that the information will be stored in long-term memory in three different fashions.

Sounds time consuming, but only getting a protocol set up and used consistently will be somewhat time consuming, and after the protocol has been used a few times, be like walking down the street.

And it does work.

After having "math-phobia" for years, I was cajoled into taking math classes by economics professor and finally ended up in calculus.  I set up a study system much like suggested above, and varied not an inch from it.  Ended up with B's in both differential and integral calculus.  Took many more math classes, and mathematical economics and econometrics, and ended up with a career building mathematical models of economic and financial phenomenon.
loumin
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 11:15:20 am »

hi guys thanks for support and responding also understanding im going to split up the file just to give you more of a insight im using libre cad to create dxf the move to cam bam to generate g code then to usb over to the 6040 mill . im still finding my way on the site so might be a while  Smiley
loumin
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 11:32:55 am »

her it is chaps hope its in the right place

* myframe bottem 3mm sample.cb (34.59 KB - downloaded 11 times.)
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 11:54:51 am »

Ok, Loumin,

This file has a problem with the polylines... a problem we see all the time, with CAD imports.  It's NOT a problem with CamBam, but with the drawing you've imported.

First, I confirmed that you are, in fact, missing some profiles when run against that body of shapes.  Yes, you are.
-----

Then, I selected all the shapes in your drawing.

I selected "edit/polyline/clean", then while all were still selected, "edit/polyline/remove_overlaps".

That created a whole 'duplicate' set of polylines, exactly like your originals in shape, but with excess and overlapping sections of the lines corrected.

I put all those polyline id numbers in your profile MOp, in place of the original numbers.

EVERY polyline selected got machined!

attached, below.

Lloyd

* myframe bottem 3mm sample-fixed.cb (73.7 KB - downloaded 6 times.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:11:56 pm by lloydsp » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: