CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2018, 15:26:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another mach 3 question and xp mode  (Read 880 times)
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2018, 19:59:11 pm »

I did some reading on art soft's sight and it seems that windows 7 64 bit can in some cases run mach 3 in x p mode which can be downloaded from micro soft's sight .Only certain version's of window's 7 are supported  though. I have ultimate which i think is supported and professional .Anyway if you a 64 bit windows 7 version computer it seems to me that you could use the parallel port and mach 3 .If this is inaccurate  please chime in . My motto is no info o k opposed to bad info NOT O.K. If some could shed a little more light on this subject it would help not only me but possibly someone else. Hey what the heck it's good to have options and a backup computer also.
                                                                   Have a good day                    https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=13849.0                                                                                                    
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 13:36:58 pm by chuckeroo » Logged
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 17:45:48 pm »

I'm sorry.  I do not know.  I thought all the 64bit W-OS dropped support for LPT and RS232 hardware.  I do have three machines running W7-64 Pro with Ethernet Smooth Steppers.   I imagine a USB device like the UC100 would also work. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 05:55:59 am »

Hi Chuck
Google this --->      mach3 parallel port epp ecp
Look at the first couple of posts
Dave
chuckeroo
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 16:05:23 pm »

Sorry it took so long to respond but I did want to say thanks. This appears to be an option that would work out fine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: