CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2018, 15:08:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fanuc post  (Read 1480 times)
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2018, 20:29:58 pm »

Here is the fanuc post processor that came with CB that I modified to work better on older fanuc controls.

Haas machines should work fine as well with this post.

You still have to do a find and replace for the colons. Some older controls do not recognize them.
Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

Edit: updated Fanuc post to add tool comments and Z final depth of cut and depth per pass at beginning of each MOP as well as tool offset (H) callout with tool number.

Machine will go to home position (G28 Z0,Y0)  at the beginning and end of the program and before each tool change to ensure tool will not crash into part when indexing.

Also, machine will rapid to first X,Y position of cut on each MOP before it rapids to safe Z above part.

Entering comments in Tag portion of MOP will be posted in program as a comment after tool callout.

Entering a G code command in the custom mop header section will insert the code right after the tool change and before any moves take place. This is a good place to insert any 4th axis rotations before running the mop.

I set this post up to be as fool-proof as possible.

* Fanuc.cbpp (2.04 KB - downloaded 12 times.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 16:36:51 pm by jim1108 » Logged
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 18:48:59 pm »

I made a couple of minor updates to the fanuc post above.

The semi colons  are replaced with an apostrophe (,) so the find and replace is not needed except for the time stamp.

At the end of each mop, it rapids to Z home position directly after the last cut skipping the clearance move which I thought was not really necessary (personal preferance on my part) while turning coolant off at the same time.

In the beginning of the program it would rapid to the clearance plane then G28 home. I had to remove that before running every time, now it is not necessary.

The G43 HXX Z.125 has been replaced with G43 HXX {$clearance}. So instead of having the Z.125 hard coded into the  post, that number will vary depending on the mop clearance plane.

I left the previous fanuc post above this update so there are two choices.

* Fanuc.cbpp (2.04 KB - downloaded 14 times.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 16:37:30 pm by jim1108 » Logged
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 00:40:48 am »

This post is just a minor update to the last one I uploaded.

Now, the part name is posted with each MOP. This is helpful when you have multiple operations/set ups that are segregated by  creating a new part for each operation and labeling as you see fit.

* Fanuc16i.cbpp (2.11 KB - downloaded 8 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: