CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2017, 14:48:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D profile help needed - how reduce milling time  (Read 83 times)
sibianul
Wookie

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2017, 14:16:38 pm »

Hello guys,

can you tell me if there is any way to reduce the milling time on this roughing profile operation ? Is there a setting I can make , like on side profile, the ADJUST CUT WIDTH set to false, is something I'm looking for on this profile ... ohhhh   Grin Roll Eyes I did it with STEPOVER set to 2 .. Smiley))

And my next question is regarding the finish pass, is there other way to mill the finishing pass only in the right side, where the modeled is at an angle ? Should I draw like I did on my roughing operation, an region on the exterior and interior, to exclude the other area ?  Or there are other ways to do it? The finishing pass is milling on the top side, and I really want to get rid of that toolpath, I don;t want to mill the top side as is already flat, I'm milling TEGO board.

Thank you.

UPDATE. I attached the updated model, with the finishing operation also, but as you can see it will mill alot of air on the right side, can I avoid that ?

* Tego 18mm.cb (138.87 KB - downloaded 6 times.)

* CAM BAM 3D PROFILE1.jpg (77.22 KB, 797x585 - viewed 21 times.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 14:31:31 pm by sibianul » Logged
pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 16:07:34 pm »

hello
if you want a waterline finish, then you have to use a waterline finishing method and not a roughing method.
A step over from more then 1 is dangerous and makes no sense with a max crossover distance of 0.7. You dont need this.
I see a roughing mop with one cut at target depth. It needs less then 4 min.
In the finishing mop I change something. And a mixed toolpath saves a lot of time.
My finishing time is 23 min.
And I can see holes in the 3D object.

ralf

* Tego 18mm_edit.cb (138.94 KB - downloaded 7 times.)
sibianul
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 18:48:38 pm »

Thank you Ralf.

The only option I haven't tried, that did the trick, WATERLINE FINISH , I was in a hurry and didn't want to spend more time on the CAM part, a friend of mine wanted those two parts, and even the machine milled quite some time, it wasn't any problem as I had time to take care of other CAM programs for clients.

Have a wonderful evening!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: