CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2017, 14:46:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsofts latest security update has deleted cambam, adobe acrobat + others  (Read 177 times)
MrJTJinx
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2017, 14:22:10 pm »

The security update sent out last week had successfully managed to delete my Adobe reader, it happened right in the middle of producing my accounts.  The latest patch apparently fixes security issues in windows defender, i successfully side stepped an install by rolling back 1 week with a system restore.  I am now starting to find it has affected other applications like Cambam when i tried to load it today.
I tried to find the link which explained this issue and it appears to have disappeared from the net?
Microsoft had apologised and were going to send out a new patch to repair this issue.

has anyone else come across this.
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 18:21:50 pm »

I am running W10 64 currently, and have not had this issue, but MS doesn't update every computer on the web all at once.  

However, several months ago right after an update I started having issues with 098.  It would run debilitating slow, but if I shut it down and restarted it would run normally.  Sometimes I would have to restart 098 several times before it would run normally.  Then it would run normally for the duration of the execution.  

I do not seem to have had that particular issue with 1.0.12-14.  In fact I am now primarily using 1.0.14 alpha.  

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: