CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2017, 14:48:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Design Computer  (Read 581 times)
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 16:50:49 pm »

I just bought a gamer system prebuilt with W10 Pro.  It wasn't cheap, but I didn't buy the absolute top of the line 1st generation everything either, so it wasn't outrageously expensive.  I used to build computers, but unless I wanted it to be my main job so I could buy parts in bulk I just can't build them for the price I can buy one anymore.  I was amazed at how much transitioned directly from high end gaming to CAD CAM.  Well, not really.  My wife is a hard corps gamer and she has a pretty amazing gaming machine.  It was actually what got me to look at gaming machines for my applications.  
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 16:52:39 pm by Bob La Londe » Logged

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 16:58:05 pm »

Transition hasn't been to bad.  I was already running a W10 computer so it was just a matter of setting up some shared folders and copying downloads, license files, and project folders to the new machine.  Ethernet is pretty fast.  

When I went from 98 to 10 I had to do it all by sneaker net.  W10 has a major attitude about playing with W98.  

I have three 7-64 machines as controllers, but none of my controllers are on the network, so I do not know how that transition would go.  

So far the only thing I have not transitioned is HSM Adviser.  The permanent license is tied to a PC and I haven't gotten around to emailing Eldar just yet.  Since I have the old PC connected to the two 23" monitors above the 32s I have just been using it where it is for now. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 16:59:58 pm by Bob La Londe » Logged

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: