CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 21:18:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking of not using Cut Viewer  (Read 118 times)
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2017, 15:49:07 pm »

During the brief demo period I had using Cutviewer I decided I didn't like it.  I know some do, and that's fine. It works for you.  If it had worked better for me I would have bought a license.  

I've been using CAMotiocs for while now, and when a plugin was written to integrate it I was in heaven.  It has its issues, but it displays my work well enough.  I just bought a faster computer (should be here next week) so I can leave it set for high resolution and still have reasonable render times.  

It always bugged me to see the simulate with CutViewer displayed in the menu.  It felt like a jab at not using what I consider to be a not great application for me.  It was really a minor irritation, but an irritation none the less.  Then yesterday when adding plug-ins to my installation 1.0.14_2 I saw it.  The simulate with CutViewer is a plug-in.  DELETE!  No more option in the menu.  DOH!  Don't know why I never noticed it before. 

I loaded the 1.0 version of all my favorite plug-ins yesterday.  None of them worked.  Then after I told Windows to unblock them all (one at a time) they all worked perfectly.  You guys are awesome.  

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 15:51:15 pm by Bob La Londe » Logged

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 16:35:31 pm »

For info only;
It's just the menu entry that's a plugin, it calls an external file, "CutViewer_Mill.exe"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 16:37:47 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 20:27:07 pm »

During the brief demo period I had using Cutviewer I decided I didn't like it.  I know some do, and that's fine. It works for you.  If it had worked better for me I would have bought a license.  

Bob,
I'm 100% with you on this one. Funny you wrote this about cutviewer, this past Monday I have tried again hoping for better results (after all most software  is updated) and the same thing.NOT!  Deleted yesterday, because Camotics does almost everything I need to see and comparing both and price you pay the difference is clear . Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: