CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2017, 07:13:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Same CB file behaves differently in 098P Win10 vs Win7  (Read 245 times)
airnocker
Wookie

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2017, 21:13:41 pm »

I'm vexed!

I created the CB file in 098P on my Win10 64-bit PC.  All worked fine, generating toolpaths and G-Code...no errors.
I copy the file to a USB drive then copy it to my CNC PC running Win7 32-bit and 098P.  I used this same create and xfer methodology on the acrylic inlay lettering I did back a while.

But now, on the Win7 CNC PC, when I generate the toolpaths for the pocket MOP I get that ubiquitous "Open polyline detected: Offset -.0625 (three times, one for each slot pocket).

Changing polyrectangles to polylines, cleaning, removing overlaps, does nothing.

One thing to know is, this is the first time I created the polyrectangles then defined a corner radius for them.

V1 is the file from my Win10 PC copied over to the Win7 PC, V2 is after I tried converting to polyines, cleaning, removing overlaps, etc.

Both versions use the same Tool Libraries and plugins.

I was hoping to do sling some aluminum chips by now  Huh

But hey! CB rocks.

* HammondSlots&Holes-V1.cb (30.37 KB - downloaded 8 times.)
* HammondSlots&Holes-V2.cb (29.66 KB - downloaded 8 times.)

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 23:57:26 pm »

Hello

I Think it's an old problem that appears sometimes when you use a tool diam = the slot width.

slot = 0.125, tool = 0.125 > error message but toolpath OK

slot = 0.125, tool = 0.1249 > no error message and toolpath OK

or tool = 0.125 and slot width = 0.125001 works also without message

I can't explain why the message appears on Win XP and 7 and not on W10

++
David
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 23:59:25 pm by dh42 » Logged
airnocker
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:26:04 am »

Thanks David, that's probably what it is.  I finally gave up with worrying about it since the G-code files produce without error on the Win10 PC.  So all is good.  I just need to .nc files on the Win7 PC anyway.

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 11:12:18 am »

It's the floating point math and its implementation on different platforms, I presume. 
The same problem when you multiply 1 by 0 and the result is not zero but something very close. Being different than zero and without analyzing the value is enough to confuse the algorithm of the program. I've also noticed that very often when 'Transform' -> 'Align' -> X-center, Y-center is applied to a circle (not a circular poly) the value of it's center position is not 0,0,0 but something like 1.45782010E-16,0,0. From program view point the first value is not a zero.

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: