CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 15:21:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: "Snappy", more snap points for CamBam plugin  (Read 1680 times)
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2017, 16:35:42 pm »

Good video and very good that you take the time to make those little videos  Grin Grin
I didn't know it snapped like that in edit mode, it appears to be the 'Intersection' option that does it.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2017, 20:31:46 pm »

Hello

I just see that I forgot the intersections on the picture  Embarrassed

++
David
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2017, 20:52:44 pm »

I just see that "snap to intersection" works only if the layer that contain the crossing line is the one selected as current.

If objects are on different layer, snap to intersection is not working too.

++
David

EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2017, 21:16:38 pm »

I meant to do that. It seemed logical to only snap to objects on the same layer.
Maybe I could put another check box to select 'current layer only' or 'all layers'
what do you think ?
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2017, 21:33:52 pm »

I've had a look on build-in snap points, and they are working even if the target object is not on the active layer ; they works also if the target object is on a locked layer on the V1. (useful too)
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2017, 08:39:19 am »

Are we there yet ?   Cheesy

Version 7 attached to first post, works for all layers.
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2017, 19:49:15 pm »

Eddy,
I needed snap to intersections badly so I gave it a try. With CamBam running under XP in a virtual machine environment I did not notice a slow-down with 4 out of 7 snap options turned on.

There is a side effect however - when I want to select drawing object for a MOP (select drawing object drop down menu) the cursor disappears like when drawing. And I have to guess which object is pointed to when they are close to each other. My guess is that drawing and selection modes have something in common used by your plugin to activate the snaps.

P.S. In this particular case objects were small (4mm dia) circular polylines. When I zoomed in the display it appeared that the pointer disappears at the quadrant points and visible if not over one of them. Same for rectangles (corner snaps) which do not share space with other objects.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 19:56:52 pm by Dragonfly » Logged

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2017, 20:44:17 pm »

There is an option on the form to prevent the cursor from hiding (the bottom check box), try to uncheck that.

Plugins->Snappy
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2017, 21:49:52 pm »

Hello Eddy

Thanks for this new version Wink

++
David
SquibLoad
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2017, 00:42:19 am »

Minor problem occurs when the cursor is hidden on snap point.
It stays hidden for dialog boxes, too.

For example, when you select 'Hide cursor on snap', and if you then select edit>transform>polar array copy>select center point, the cursor is now hidden for the dialog box for the transformation.  Unhiding the cursor fixes it, and allows the dialog to function properly, but you lose the visual cue to the desired snap point.

Maybe a possible solution would be to instead change the appearance of the cursor while snapped, perhaps with color, shape, or brightness.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 00:50:04 am by SquibLoad » Logged
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2017, 14:35:21 pm »

SquibLoad,

Thanks for providing the exact steps required to reproduce the issue.

Dragonfly,

I didn't know what you meant by this, "when I want to select drawing object for a MOP (select drawing object drop down menu)"

I have attached a new 'version 8' to the first post , please try it out.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 14:36:52 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2017, 17:43:11 pm »

Dragonfly,

I didn't know what you meant by this, "when I want to select drawing object for a MOP (select drawing object drop down menu)"
Suppose there is a Profile MOP and it has a geometry shape(s) attached to it. If you copy/paste the MOP to use its already set parameters there are two ways to assign different shape(s) to it:
a/ select them on the layer tree and drag into the newly pasted MOP;
b/ right click on the newly pasted MOP and then click 'Select Drawing Object' from the drop-down menu which appears. In which case CamBam goes into object selection mode and the green strip with the hint appears on the top of the screen.

During the second object selection procedure the pointer disappears if it passes over a snap point, although snapping is not actually needed in this case.
Once the behavior was clear to me I simply try to avoid placing the pointer at potential snap points. It represents a problem to some extent when objects are small or the screen zoomed out to see more objects and the pointer size becomes comparable to the shapes.
Hope I managed to explain it more clear this time.

(I suppose the plugin tracks the appearance of the green strip with hint message to activate the snap function. But snapping is needed only while drawing, measuring or editing geometry IMHO. Version 8 has the same behavior in this particular case.)

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2017, 18:34:21 pm »

Now I understand  Grin
Version 8 fixes the issue reported by SquibLoad but as you say it does not fix it for your report.
Leave it with me a while.
SquibLoad
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2017, 18:43:50 pm »

I have attached a new 'version 8' to the first post , please try it out.

Eddy, this works perfectly, thank you for the quick update.

Very useful plugin, and provides core functions that have been sorely missed in the base level of CamBAM.
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2017, 19:52:33 pm »

Version 8.5 attached to first post.

This should sort out the issue Dragonfly reported.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 20:54:47 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: