CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 08:00:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Break Edges Plugin  (Read 647 times)
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 22:21:46 pm »

Hi Eddy
Just off to scrape the saddle dove tails on the lathe (been at for three days now), so I'll have a good look sometime this afternoon when I'm satisfied that I can't do any better. (they were on close inspection really terrible).
Dave
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 22:36:51 pm »

Dave,

Does anyone do scraping these days ? coincidentally I was ratching (http://www.cumbriandictionary.co.uk/#R)
through an old tool box of mine and came across some scrapers, last used on white metal bearings at a power station.

These days I need unfeasible amounts of light, what looks great in the shed, looks terrible in daylight  Huh and I have a good amount of 'daylight' tubes in the shed. The problem I  think is cataracts  Angry
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 22:46:37 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 22:55:22 pm »

HI Eddy
Yes Eddy I have scrapers for textile machines "6 inch white metal bearings" , had to do the lathe as on close inspection
the dove tails look like they were done at five minute to knock off time on a Friday before someones big night out.

I've just added more lights over the welding table and  even with glasses I couldn't see the weld puddle and my helmet is auto darkening but not adjustable (big mistake) .

Dave
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 23:18:52 pm »

five minute to knock off time on a Friday before someones big night out.
Dave

Sigh, I remember it well  Cheesy
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 23:26:17 pm »

Thanks for the link, got a laugh, and unbelievably new a few words (chunder for example Ha Ha).
Right I'm of to the shed to attack the dove tails (had to make a small scraper using some HHS inserts) which seems to holding up well.
Dave
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 01:56:53 am »

Dave,

Does anyone do scraping these days ? coincidentally I was ratching (http://www.cumbriandictionary.co.uk/#R)
through an old tool box of mine and came across some scrapers, last used on white metal bearings at a power station.

These days I need unfeasible amounts of light, what looks great in the shed, looks terrible in daylight  Huh and I have a good amount of 'daylight' tubes in the shed. The problem I  think is cataracts  Angry

Eddy,
I had cataract surgery about 6 years ago after putting it off for 3 years after being diagnosed. I had defractive cataracts. Sitting at a traffic light I could clearly two red lights side by side about one diameter apart, with one eye closed! I had given up reading at night and the final straw was getting lost up in Canada because I couldn't read any signs. Results were very good, but lots to think about before getting it done. Happy to talk about if you are interested.

Back to the originally scheduled program.

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 04:48:17 am »

Hello Dave Wink

I just try the plugin for the first time and I get an error if no style is selected.

Also, maybe because I use 120% for text size in Windows settings (W7), I get a bad display in the plugin. (and the list of tools is not sorted by tool number)

++
David

* Sans titre-2.png (31.44 KB, 705x405 - viewed 8 times.)

* Sans titre-1.png (23.38 KB, 599x316 - viewed 9 times.)
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 08:13:14 am »

Hi David
Here's a new one with more error checking and more translation and a few tooltips.

Dave

Edit Here's one that has a sorted tool list.

I don't know how to set the display to update for larger fonts, I'll have a look around.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:30:00 am by dave benson » Logged
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 02:29:34 am »

HI All
Here's one that checks for an un-selected style as well as translations and hopefully automatically adjusts for different zoom levels.
I will leave this version at the first post as well.
Dave

* Break Edges.zip (14 KB - downloaded 9 times.)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 02:55:27 am »

Hello Dave

Thanks Wink I'll have a look tomorrow .. now it's bed time (Exceeded by 5 or 6 hours  Grin)

++
David
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 12:56:29 pm »

Hi All

While I was testing the plugin recently I discovered something that users of Camotics should be aware of when simulating their code (not just with this plugin but simulating in general).

I have my style and tool libraries organised like this:

End-mills in an End-mill library.
Drills in an Drill Library.
V cutters in an V cutter library. soon

And so, I can have an end-mill with the same tool number as a Drill from the Drill library.

However Camotics expects a unique number for each tool regardless of which tool library it's from
and won't simulate properly.

So if you are using Camotics to simulate your code then you must have a unique tool number for each tool regardless of which library it's in.

So I've written a small tool (separate plugin) to rename all of the tools in all of the tool libraries on my system and now the simulation works the way I expect it to.
Thanks Wink I'll have a look tomorrow .. now it's bed time (Exceeded by 5 or 6 hours  Grin)
There's no hurry, David whenever you can.
Dave

dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 18:42:14 pm »

Hello Dave

- it's a little better for texts size in horizontal direction but too few space in vertical direction ;(space between the objects)

- selected style (and library) say: (optional), but if select no style or no library the plugin won't.

- if you select a style library, then change for another (without closing the plugin window), each time you change the library, each time the styles of the library are added to the style list ; that cause an error if you select a style that do not match the selected library. (no pb with the tool lib)

- after the plugin as been run, the selected shape ID is not added to the created MOP

++
David

* Sans titre-1.png (17.11 KB, 482x341 - viewed 11 times.)
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 10:45:28 am »

Hi David
This should do the trick.

Dave
Just found one more thing, if you are using centimeters or thousandths the plugin would not account for this + updated the versioning.

* Break Edges selecting all entities.PNG (184.6 KB, 1206x522 - viewed 17 times.)

* Latest version of Break Edges plugin.PNG (117.66 KB, 1054x682 - viewed 17 times.)
* Break Edges.zip (14.3 KB - downloaded 8 times.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:40:00 am by dave benson » Logged
BR52
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 17:27:50 pm »

Hello Dave,

Please can you provide the source code?
There are other people who will like it too.

Armando
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 17:32:29 pm by BR52 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: