CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 16:31:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some helps with standard libraries  (Read 651 times)
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2017, 12:25:20 pm »

I thought I'd start this one thread, in the hopes that it can be added-to by others, and will serve as a sort-of "programming reference" for what we do on scripts and plugins for CB.

Guys:  Please, post lists of references, tools (especially free ones), libraries, viewers, etc. here....

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:26:34 pm »

I saw this article this morning, and although it's not CB-specific, it might be a help for those who don't yet appreciate what .NET is doing in our programming environment.

https://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToReferenceANETCoreLibraryInWinFormsOrNETStandardExplained.aspx

onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 14:09:53 pm »

Maybe not related, but I'm developing with Xamarin Studio instead of Visual Studio, even in Windows, it is more compact and frugal than VS (at least on Windows 10 where the installation is a great "slow down" on low power machines).

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 17:24:27 pm »

There's a thread about this here; http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4904.msg37372#msg37372
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 17:41:08 pm »

Ah!  Eddie, not trying to 'tromp' on prior threads.  This wasn't intended to be specifically about .NET tools, so much as a general-reference thread for ALL the tools used to program scripts and plugins for CB.

I'm perfectly happy with moving my post over to your original thread, if you think it better-matches the purpose.  David can 'clean up' behind us, to make sure everything from here is moved over there.

I think the thread should be re-named to "CB Plugin and Script Tools", anyway... and I don't believe I have the authorities to rename it.  Even if moved to your thread, I think that renaming would be appropriate.

Lloyd

dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 23:51:05 pm »

I see now that I've made a mistake, I've been using the "view recent threads" shortcut to get here--> "the CB forum"
and would have missed this thread (never saw eddy's either) and looks like many others. so some reading to catch up on.
It would be nice to have an area set aside for the programmers and script writers to discuss tools, tips and tricks, and potential solutions to problems that you might be having with a particular piece code.

and perhaps not to formal where you can discuss programming in general as I've just finished a large program
where I've learnt some things that can be applied to plugins for cb but never would have asked about those things here.
Dave
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 00:42:11 am »

Hello

a general-reference thread for ALL the tools used to program scripts and plugins for CB.

Coffee machines too ?  Grin

I just move this thread to the plugin help section.

++
David
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 16:15:52 pm »

Yes!  Coffee machines AND 'micro-breweries' are included!

Heh!  I just received another helpful set of hints on some 'hidden' features in Visual Studio.

I knew a couple, but not most of them.

But whatever you do -- DO NOT scroll all the way to the bottom, or you'll see the author(ess) of the article, and you'll wish you hadn't!!!

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/06/26/7-lesser-known-hacks-for-debugging-in-visual-studio/

Lloyd

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: