CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 11:18:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raster x  (Read 1209 times)
Millone
Droid

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2017, 06:38:37 am »

I was watching some youtube videos last night and I saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3dCBG2Qgvw&t=142s.
Forgive me for the question. Is it possible with Cambam to set such a tool path direction (raster x)?

Thanks for helping

**Update**
I would like to use such tool path style applied to a 3d profiling
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 15:47:00 pm by Millone » Logged

"It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Dan Montano
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 08:17:19 am »

HI Millone
Have a look at the Height map plugin.
Dave
pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 11:17:02 am »

hello
in the video I can see more then one depth increments. So this is a relief made with a 3D object and milled with 3D profile.
How to make a professional 3D relief from a 3D scene with depth map you can see in my tutorial.
If a translation into English is necessary I can make.
The way is to make a rendering in a 3D software (blender is free)
A second rendering is a depth map also made in blender
With a photo editing software ( gimp is free) I make a mixture from this two renderings.
From this mixed photo I make the relief, this can make with CamBam and -> Draw -> 3D Object -> from Bitmap
Sample file are there on the tutorial page.

ralf
Millone
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 12:25:22 pm »

HI Millone
Have a look at the Height map plugin.
Dave

Hi Dave,
I don't see such plugin under Cambam plugins. Is it somewhere else?
Thanks
Felice

"It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Dan Montano
Millone
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 12:28:17 pm »

Ralf,
thanks for pointing me to the nice tutorial. I see it is about creating the 3d relieve. I will certainly look at it.
What I am looking for is how to set the 3d profiling in Cambam to get a tool path like the one in the movie posted in my original question above.

Thanks
Felice

Dan Montano
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 14:06:08 pm »

HI Millone
Have a look here at david's website http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/tutorials/Heightmaps.htm
Dave
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 14:19:11 pm »

HI Ralf
I went to your website for a look and then downloaded this file--> tut cambam relief.cb.zip
but the file was empty.
Dave
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 15:00:22 pm »

Reading the manual is a good place to start.

http://www.cambam.info/doc/plus/tutorials/Heightmaps.htm
http://www.cambam.info/doc/plus/tutorials/3DProfile.htm
Millone
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 15:37:26 pm »

Hi Eddy,
I did read the manual to start.

I went trough the HeightMap plugin and I found it very interesting and brilliant. I will make use of it for sure.
The issue I have is that HeightMap generates an "engraving" operation and you shall start from a picture.

In my case I am dealing with a 3d file "STL" and I need to generate a 3d profile.
Reading the "3d profile" options to generate the tool path, I have not found or may be not understood how to generate a tool path as per my question above, which basically should be the same tool path style used in HeightMap applied to a 3d profile. This is why I am asking for help.
I have made an update to my initial question to better define what I am looking for.

Forgive me if I have not understood but I am still in the dark to find the answer to my question.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 15:57:46 pm by Millone » Logged

Dan Montano
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 17:46:50 pm »

Felice,
You simply apply the 3Dprofile MOP to the STL object. There is a selection for toolpath method and there are choices like X direction, Y direction, Waterline etc. you can control what gets milled by creating regions. I had a part with a large round hole in the middle so I created a region with a circle around the hole and the cutter stayed out of it.

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
Millone
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 18:46:20 pm »

Hi Gary,
the beginning of the video I linked may confuse what I am asking. If you look the video after 4 minutes, you will see that the tool is not avoiding an area but is milling the surface following its 3d shape. I am looking on how to set the same in Cambam.

Dan Montano
pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 20:34:20 pm »

I went to your website for a look and then downloaded this file--> tut cambam relief.cb.zip
but the file was empty.
Sorry for this, my mistake.
I change the file in the download and attach also here the CB file with the relief.
If you want a object in higher resolution you have to reduce the grid stepover when you draw the relief, A grid stepover 0.3-0.5 makes a smoother surface but a large file.

Quote from: Millone
What I am looking for is how to set the 3d profiling in Cambam to get a tool path like the one in the movie posted in my original question above.

In the attached files are the roughing and finishing toolpath. Roughing with a 2mm endmill and finishing with a 2mm bullnose.

ralf

* tut cambam relief.cb.zip (964.58 KB - downloaded 53 times.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 20:38:11 pm by pixelmaker » Logged
Millone
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 10:35:34 am »

Ralf,
thanks a million. It is exactly what I was looking for. Smiley
Really appreciate.

Dan Montano
Millone
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 15:38:57 pm »

Hi Ralf,

thanks again for the file. My wife liked it. End result in the attached pic.

Felice

* IMG_1443.JPG (518.42 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 51 times.)

Dan Montano
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: