CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2017, 07:21:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: {G53G21G0Z71.000  (Read 959 times)
jcloase
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 13:44:09 pm »

Lloyd,
You are exactly right. I have limited knowledge of CamBam ad none of xml. I have been working on CNC's for 40 plus years and I want software to make me more efficient. I don't want to learn xml and I don't want to spend my time wondering what I need to do because the documentation is not what it should be. Certainly there are people who love  playing with the software to make it work. I am not one. I want the software to work for me. So as you can see CamBam is not for me.

Jim
jcloase
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 14:05:28 pm »

Lloyd,
Here is the post set from my favorite cad cam. It took me about 15 minutes to master this.

* post.jpg (77.29 KB, 400x549 - viewed 31 times.)
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 15:07:16 pm »

Jim,
THAT is what this website is designed to help with.  YOU don't have to learn XML to be successful with CamBam... that's why there is a user-interface means to edit the post-processors.

But you DO have to submit your requests with the information WE need to help you.  There's no site on the web where you'll get faster or better help from experienced users than here.  Instead of the usual "nose in the air" attitude most CAM sites' experienced users have, here the experienced users are on your side.  They respond quickly and well to virtually any realistic request.

In your case, all you had to do was post what your G-code needed to look like, along with a copy of the actual post-processor you were working with.

Someone here would have provided a 'working copy', probably within 24 hours of your first request.

Now... if you'll SHOW US EXACTLY what your g-code needs to look like, and post your current copy of your post-processor, I'm betting that (even though you say "CB's not for me") you'll get a working copy quickly.

BTW... any PP system that is "super simple" to modify very likely doesn't have the power or flexibility of one that requires a bit more effort.

Give us a (hopefully short) working example of g-code, Jim.

Lloyd
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 15:09:08 pm by lloydsp » Logged

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 20:23:44 pm »

BTW, Jim,
You never told us what didn't work!

Without that information, even if you want no more help, we can't help others.

Please - at least before you abandon us and CB - tell us what didn't work.

LLoyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: