CamBam
News:
 
*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 15:37:53 pm


Login with username, password and session length


Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slotter - a new MOP type  (Read 1714 times)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4685



View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 16:35:28 pm »

OK, I now see that the ToolPath filter is not working, apart from setting the depth and offset index in the toolpath what else is required?

thanks

Geoff

Hello

I've really no idea about how works the toolpath filter from the point of view of coding ; I use it often, but I never tried to program it.

++
David
Logged
karst.drenth
Droid
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 58


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 09:58:42 am »

Hi Geoff,
Some week or two ago I started to try to do an AutoLeveling Engrave MOP.

My first tries were to see whether I could manipulate the toolparh in such a way that the GCODE generation would take it into account. I notices that just changing the ZOffset is working pretty OK. But... any other, more elmentary translations on the toolpath PolyLines generate a lot of weird artifacts.. Specially the extra 'Bulge' attribute is still a big mystery to me...

Here is a sample how I managed to skew/rotate the plane 10 degrees:

Code:
      CADFile cadfile = CamBamUI.MainUI.CADFileTree.CADFile;

      foreach (CAMPart part in cadfile.Parts)
      {
        foreach (MachineOp mop in part.MachineOps)
        {
          if (mop.Toolpaths2 != null)
          {
            foreach (ToolpathItem item in mop.Toolpaths2.Toolpaths)
            {
              item.Toolpath.Transform.RotY(Math.PI / 180f * 10f);
              item.Toolpath.ApplyTransformation();
              //for (int i = 0; i != item.Toolpath.Points.Count; i++)
              //  item.Toolpath.Points[i] = new PolylineItem(item.Toolpath.Points[i].Point.X,
              //                                             item.Toolpath.Points[i].Point.Y,
              //                                             item.Toolpath.Points[i].Point.Z + item.Toolpath.Points[i].Point.X * 0.1,
              //                                             item.Toolpath.Points[i].Bulge);

              //item.Toolpath.Update();
            }
            foreach (Polyline rapid in mop.Toolpaths2.Rapids)
            {
              rapid.Transform = Matrix4x4F.Identity;
              rapid.Transform.Translate(0,0,20);
              rapid.ApplyTransformation();
              rapid.Transform = Matrix4x4F.Identity;
            }
          }
        }
      }

It does do the majority of the toolpaths *AND* GCODE is generated accordingly  Cool but... still there are sme weird things happening with fairly random lines just suddenly sticking out-of-plane ( either slanted or perpendicular )  Shocked Cry

Also note, that modifying the 'rapids' is only cosmetic, IRL the GCODE Generator only takes the 'Clearance-Height' into account to generate the output Undecided Undecided

So I feel somehow, that it's a nessesity to override the whole ToolPath generation up front, and not trying to modify the already generated toolpath afterwards...

The commented lines in my code do also kinda work, but with the same effects as the rotation transformation...

Grtzz,

Karst
Logged
dave benson
CNC Jedi
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 780


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 03:01:32 am »

HI Karst
Ran into this very problem while writing the Collision Detector plugin, what I noticed was that after using some cambam methods on a shapelist or primitive, that very many micro artifacts were produced and the "file cleaner plugin" was based on code from the collision Detector to eliminate them after they were produced, and I never found out what was causing them in the first place.
Dave
Logged
GeoffreyGRoy
Storm Trooper
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 121


View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 23:50:36 pm »

Dear Karst and Dave

I don't have any real suggestions, I am really a beginner in trying to understand the ins and outs of CamBam programming.

Karst, with regards to your sample code the only suggestion I have is to reset the transform for each "item" to the Identity after applying it, as you have done for each "rapid".  This step resolved a problem I had with creating and then transforming toolpaths.  In my case I also created the toolpaths from the geometry from first principles.

Geoff
Logged
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4685



View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 00:21:57 am »

Hello

Quote
Karst, with regards to your sample code the only suggestion I have is to reset the transform for each "item" to the Identity after applying it, as you have done for each "rapid".  This step resolved a problem I had with creating and then transforming toolpaths.

+1

I've had the same pb on a script that use polyline transformation (scale/move). If I well remember, after scaling the polyline (in XY), I had to apply transformation before moving it in Z ; if not, I got strange results.

just an idea ; sometimes some functions seems to be sensitive to the 'Spline to Polyline Tolerance' settings that is used as 'general' tolerance.

I also have unpredictable result with my Unroll script that seems to be sensitive to the triangle size (and I found no tolerance to change) and it's difficult to understand what exactly happens in the function ..

++
David
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 00:29:26 am by dh42 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS! Dilber MC Theme by HarzeM
Page created in 0.143 seconds with 18 queries.

Copyright © 2008 HexRay Ltd. | Sitemap