CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 15:38:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Edit/Trim locks Cambam  (Read 1771 times)
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 17:22:17 pm »

In your video, the grid is not displaying correctly after you select a new file so I think it's a PC graphics issue.
Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your set up ?
Are you sure selecting GDI for graphics mode did not fix it ?

Once you select 'Trim' CamBam needs to complete the process and that's why it looks to be stuck.

The sequence is;
1. select an object
2. select Edit->Trim
3. Press ENTER
4. select the trimming objects (must select an object that intersects the first object)
5. Press ENTER
6. Remove 'Outide' or 'Inside' trimming lines (press the O or I key)

Now CamBam has completed the Trim

I have to say that on my PC CamBam v1.0 has several graphics related issues but v0.98 did not and I'm using the latest drivers.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 17:27:08 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 17:46:53 pm »

I have to say that on my PC CamBam v1.0 has several graphics related issues but v0.98 did not and I'm using the latest drivers.

Same here ; on the same PC I've W7 and WXP ; on XP both 0.98 and 1.0 have no graphics problem but on W7 with of course the same hardware (radeon HD3870 and the latest drivers available) the v1.0 give strange results with 3D surfaces with all openGLmode, and the display is blinking when I move the mouse. I've 2 other PC with W7 and no problem on them (Vga: QuadroFX 570M and Radeon RX470). Andy also tried on multiple PC and also had no pb  Roll Eyes

http://www.screencast.com/t/YDUOeWkPH1

in my case the pb comes with the R03 ; R01 and 02 have no video glitches.

Currently, I've not seen Tim's video, mozilla say 1h10 to dl ... since ... 30 min  Grin

++
David
Timgander
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 19:21:07 pm »

David,

Aha... nice to see confirmation that two W7's are showing the same. The blue (non-checked) box indicates that there are other sub-functions that are disabled. Mine were both ticked but I tried with them unticked...no difference so I am thinking that you are right in saying that the problem is not with the net framework...

Eddy,

I'll revisit the GDI graphics mode again. You are correct the grid displays very peculiar at low zoom...it's fine close up but zoom out and it get's very weird. I remembered the trim sequence from the prompts on the office machine but they don't seem to work on the W7 variant.

Sorry about the download time boys... I used my iPhone and realised it's set to 60fps full HD Roll Eyes but since pulling up the bitumen covered carbon filament that was my old phone line and replacing it with full fibre to the premises (regularly showing 300+ mb/s) I don't get to see download problems anymore Grin Grin... mind you we still don't have mains gas Shocked

Tim
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 20:10:53 pm »

regularly showing 300+ mb/s

Grin Grin here ... 0.826 Mb/s for dl and 0.320Mb/s for ul ...

and I still no watch your video ! ... the box disconnects 5 min before the file is finished to dl Roll Eyes

++
David
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 21:17:18 pm »

Ok, I just watch your video.

very strange that the green bar with instructions is never visible  Huh (it must also appears when you draw the rectangle and the circle)

I think that the others problems are because you are still running trim mode but you can't see it because the green bar is not displayed. If I try to draw something without to exit from the trim mode, nothing happens. (hit ESC to exit from any mode)

I can't figure out why the green bar is missing ; did you have a special setting for the text size in windows ? (text size other that 100%), this have caused some pb in the past ...

++
David
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 21:25:38 pm by dh42 » Logged
Timgander
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 14:44:48 pm »

Hi again guys,

Well, extensive research (a lot of keystrokes) have drawn a blank... David I concur that the issue is precipitated by the lack of the green prompt bar which caused me (Eddy I concur!) to follow a wrong sequence for the edit/trim/intersect etc. functions. If I follow the sequence blind, from memory, then everything works. However this doesn't solve the problem... and with my memory I've got no chance.

Eddy I tried all three display options and also windows default text sizes and confirm that none of them result in visibility of the green prompt bar!

It's time for you to face up to your Jedi status and scour the very limits of your powers for a solution Grin Grin

Tim

EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 14:55:53 pm »

Just to confirm;

When you changed the display modes did you do this each time ?

1. Tools->Options, change display mode
2. Tools->Save settings
3. Restart CamBam
4. Tools->Options, check that the display mode has been changed
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 14:59:33 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 15:23:59 pm »

Hello

I just sent an s.o.s to Andy Wink

++
David
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 15:45:24 pm »

Tim,

If you use Tools->Measure, does the green bar appear ?
Timgander
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 20:59:54 pm »

Eddy..

I have to say I didn't shut down and restart specifically but I'm sure on one of the changes , seeing no difference I got fed up and shut down hence it would have opened up next time with the new mode... I'll try it anyway...it's got to be worth the last few of my trial uses Shocked

No green bar when I hit M for measure, and also, unlike the Vista Office PC (which does show the green bar) it also doesn't show the live dimension on screen...just the measurement window AFTER you click on the second point.

Does that get you any clues??

Tim

EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 21:15:05 pm »

Tim,

I know with problems I've had myself that using GDI graphics mode solves most issues but the graphics are slower and not so nice with surfaces, that's why I'm keen to know you tried that correctly.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2017, 17:11:11 pm »

splited

http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6533.0
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: