CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2017, 21:32:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCB Isolate  (Read 245 times)
PhillM
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2017, 00:24:24 am »

Hi ,

Just a quick question and I did search first with out much of a specific answer.

When PCB Isolate is selected as the style , what does it do different to that of engrave other styles don't. I am thinking it cuts the line. Does it have any other properties that makes itt best for PCB's.

Thanks ... Phill

Oz Wind Engineering
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:00:51 am »

Never used the style, even hadn't looked what is set in it.
Everything I need is set in the MOP's with the default style as a base. Don't expect a style to set all parameters you need. You can edit it to the specifics of your machine and tools and use it as a base, but nothing more.
Actually I copy/paste the parts as defined in a previous successful work to the new one. Then attach new geometry to the defined MOP's.

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
PhillM
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:42:25 pm »

Probably not as advanced as that , I just use what I need to . All the other styles seem to change a specific way it cuts . I would love to have the time to do a lot more with the program as a whole .

Anyway just wondered why it is there in the first place if engrave is the same MOP .

Thanks .. Phill

Oz Wind Engineering
airnocker
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 19:07:59 pm »

I believe the CAM Styles can define the defaults for the Machining folder that MOP's inherit when added.  When I view the System tab in any new or existing .cb file, expand the CAM Styles folder then select from the Standard-in folder the unnamed style at the top, which is the default style and compare it to the PCB isolate style, you can see how it differs from the default style.  Same is true if you are looking at the Standard-mm.

The PCB isolation style sets default Machining MOP parameters tailored to and typically "in the ballpark for" isolation routing.  You can make changes to any of these listed styles (or create new ones) to suit your "general starting point" purpose.

Associating the .cb file's Machining folder to a Style Library and Style helps to save setup time and configuration for a MOP.

I've never used them but after your posting the question and looking into it, I may just start.  Grin

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
dwc
Wookie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 20:16:38 pm »

The styles are a just way to save a set of parameters, all the parameters that are in the left hand scroll-down, so that you can find them and use them again without having to set each and every one for every MOP.
I have defined styles with the correct parameters for my machine with the tools and materials that I use.  I can then use them and not be worried that I forgot to set things.  Once a style is set you can still change the MOPSs paameters if you need to.  For example I don't have tabs set in any of my styles.  If I want to use tabs I set them in the MOP after defining the style.
I didn't know that there is a PCB Isolate style that is delivered with CB.  If that is the case, before using it I would check and understand all the parameters and make any changes necessary to fit it to your machine and tools befor using it.
I hope that helps,
Don

PhillM
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 04:51:54 am »

Thanks for the replys. I should go in and start putting in all stock and tools . Last time I did it I lost it all when i paid for my subscription after evaluating.
I suppose I have just used whats there and change whats needed for my use is at the time .

Oz Wind Engineering
airnocker
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 16:13:11 pm »

Once you define all that stuff it is easy to make a backup copy of it.

Make a copy of this:  C:\Program Files (x86)\CamBam plus 0.9.8\plugins
Make a copy of this:  C:\ProgramData\CamBam plus 0.9.8

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: