CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 21, 2019, 16:29:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: GRBL v1.1 Machine Control and GCODE sender Plugin  (Read 37422 times)
Beermkr
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2018, 15:23:24 pm »

I have this up and running. I like it a lot but noticed that if I create the drawing and then generate code the visulizer shows the drawing but not if I just open the gcode file directly. Any chance that there is a way generate the drawing when you run?
karst.drenth
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2018, 15:28:06 pm »

Hi,

Yes, you can open the GCODE file from the CamBam File-Menu. (instead of directly in GRBL Machine)

CamBam will then display the drawing, and GRBL Machine will inherit the filename.

Greets,

Karst
Beermkr
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2018, 18:08:18 pm »

Brilliant! Loving this plugin. Finally an almost all in one software/hardware control package!
Beermkr
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2018, 00:09:45 am »

Okay,

When I run a job the machine goes to a spot and stops for a tool change. When I click "ok" it goes back to 0,0,0. Problem is that there is a piece of stock at that position now. Is this something that is hard-coded in the post processor? Is there a way to edit the post so it does not do that  or even better have it home the machine (I use the far extents for homing and touch-off) so that would be perfect after a tool change.
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2018, 00:26:33 am »

Both 'home' and the tool-change position are programmable in the post.  'Simple changes, too!

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
Beermkr
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2018, 20:38:55 pm »

Both 'home' and the tool-change position are programmable in the post.  'Simple changes, too!

Lloyd

Simple you say! Can you point a brother at a starting point?
bartekdko
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2019, 21:07:00 pm »

hi

i would like to add compensation G41 G42 then just change in code to G40 with G41/G42 toolpath.

unfortunatelly i have Grbl which doesnt support compensation.

do you know what command i have to add to "cutter comp right" , "cutter com left" to create proper code?

thank you
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2019, 21:47:47 pm »

Beermkr (BTW a man after my own heart!),

Give me the link to the PP you're using, and I'll take a look at it.  I'm too busy (or lazy) to search for it myself.

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2019, 21:59:50 pm »

Hello

GRBL do not handle cutter comp, so I assume it's not possible to do ?

https://github.com/gnea/grbl

I think that in this case, the only way is to use compensated toolpath done by CB.

++
David
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 22:01:21 pm by dh42 » Logged
bartekdko
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2019, 23:27:06 pm »

Yep its a shame :]

anyway i can see that mach3 postrocessor use G40 for 3D profile so i have the same parameteres in grbl post.
same about poly , we can use offset so thats the good news :]

hope they will add g41,42   and g81-83 soon

thanks for reply
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2019, 19:04:10 pm »

I don’t think G41, G42 will appear anytime soon. I used to program by hand and used G41, G42 in virtually every program. CNC hasn’t changed a lot in 40 years. The game changer is CAM that writes code 100 times faster than the best hand programmer in many cases. So I haven’t used G41,G42 since using CamBam.  Its also strictly 2D so it is getting less and less important all the time.

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2019, 00:30:58 am »

Hello

So I haven’t used G41,G42 since using CamBam.  Its also strictly 2D so it is getting less and less important all the time.

same for me ; I've CB installed on the PC that drive the machine so when I need to tweak a profile cut to a precise value, I use the "roughing clearance" and generate the GCode only for the concerned mop.

++
David
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2019, 11:03:11 am »

I don't think that the G41 and G42 are added to GRBL, at least not for the 8bit machines, the code is complex and many calculations are involved, and the little 8bit processor is too slow for doing that.

For the future versions, maybe, but as the CAM software nowadays do the calculations for you it's not a "killer features".

I had a talk about it some time ago with chamnit (the GRBL main developer) and i think that the most wanted functions to be added to grbl are:

- Canned cycles
- Tool Change
- maybe hard buttons on the grbl "pcb" to do jogging but not with the Arduino Uno as the pin count is all used.

Regards

Carlo D.

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2019, 18:59:04 pm »

Yes,  canned cycles would rank WAY higher than G41/42 in usefulness. Best canned cycle I have ever seen was on old Bandit controller. Crude control, no display screen just led digital readouts for numbers and lights indicating G, M, T and H as I recall.

The mill/bore cycle was killer. Started at center or a distance from center. and SPIRALED outward to the perimeter and then arced back to center. Constant tool load the whole time and you could even do under cuts or internal ring grooves because of the way it exits.

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
Beermkr
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2019, 20:52:55 pm »

Beermkr (BTW a man after my own heart!),

Give me the link to the PP you're using, and I'll take a look at it.  I'm too busy (or lazy) to search for it myself.

Lloyd

* GRBLMachine.cbpp (1.59 KB - downloaded 15 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: