CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2017, 20:57:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corner Overcut For Pocket  (Read 467 times)
kitwn
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:00:22 am »

The corner overcut for profiles is a very useful addition but could this be extended to pockets as well?

Obviously I can machine the part as a combination of a shallow profile and a pocket to clear the inside remains, but this is more messy than it needs to be.

Thanks

Kit
pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 10:25:53 am »

Use a profile mop with cutwidth. As value you use approximately half the width of the pocket. This will make the profile mop to a pockets mop and you can use corner overcut.

ralf
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 13:27:02 pm »

The corner overcut for profiles is a very useful addition but could this be extended to pockets as well?
Why not use pocket mop then follow with profile mop? Mop's are FREE!
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 15:01:29 pm »

Separate finishing profile is the best approach.
What you are asking for is actually a profile included as a final pass for the pocket but it is not always necessary and you lose flexibility. If there is no such option the tool is going to hit hard the material on each pocketing pass, highly undesirable.
As we say here, MOP's are free, don't be afraid of using them as much as you need. Smiley

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
kitwn
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 10:39:51 am »

Appologies for the late reply. having burnt out my router in March I've been concentrating on other things for a while. Back in action now!

Multiple MOPs for the one hole. It's so obvious I'm embarrased to have asked the question.

Thanks everyone.

Kit
atwooddon
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 15:21:05 pm »

Kit

Don't be embarrassed, most of us have asked similar questions on this forum, at least I know I have.   Grin

Don
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: