CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 21:22:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10, 64 bit and plugins ..  (Read 2007 times)
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:33:18 pm »

Created new thread because there got to be more people using this particular OS. To the people who use this particular operating system (Win 10 64 bit) do you have the NumMuve plugin installed, and does it work on your machine. I'm so used to this plugin that it feels like I have lost a thumb in my right hand with out it.
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 12:56:08 pm »

My suggestion would be for David to recompile the plugin and make it so the version number is shown in CamBam's log window, plus any other diagnostic information deemed useful.
By doing this he will be able to track any changes he makes to the code until a working version is reached.
Bubba and others using Windows 10 would then test the plugin and post a screen shot to enable David to see the effects of his changes.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 23:02:01 pm »

Hello

I've found a MSDN key, so maybe I can install a win10 to test (if this key is working), even if I can't activate it ; I think that we have 30 days to test it ?, so it would be sufficient to do some tests.

I don't understand why this plugin do not work on W10 ; even compiled with .net 4.0

What I see is that the net framework 4 seems to be different in win XP and Win7 (not the same version number), so maybe it is a pb with the XP version of the framework 4 ?

I'm being changing my PC, so Win 7 will become my standard system instead XP, and I will retry to compile the plugin on W7 when time permit.

Currently, 2 users have pb with this plugin and W10, and one user with W8.1 (not the same pb, only the pictures are missing in W8.1, but the plugin works)

My suggestion would be for David to recompile the plugin and make it so the version number is shown in CamBam's log window, plus any other diagnostic information deemed useful.

Yes, but in this case it's CB that do not want to load the plugin, so even a debug output in the plugin will not works ... and I've really no idea about what tests are done by CB that reject my plugin. (I'll ask Andy about that)

Bubba, can you confirm that the Hatch and Radius plugins works on Win 10 ? ; both imports the same libraries than NumMove. (using in C#)

++
David
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 23:04:53 pm »

Re

Also, there is a cbdebug.log file that is created by CB when an error occurs ; it is in your cambam system folder (menu: Tools/browse system folder) ; if you can share this file maybe I can find a track

++
David
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 00:44:58 am »

Re

Also, there is a cbdebug.log file that is created by CB when an error occurs ; it is in your cambam system folder (menu: Tools/browse system folder) ; if you can share this file maybe I can find a track

Bubba, can you confirm that the Hatch and Radius plugins works on Win 10 ? ; both imports the same libraries than NumMove. (using in C#)

Hi David,
Do you mean the Chamfer/Radius plugin? If so, it works. Please see attachment.
Created rectangle and put radius on corners filled with Hatch using the plugins. Also see the copy of CBlogfile. Hope this helps.

* Capture.JPG (50.5 KB, 621x596 - viewed 78 times.)
* cbdebug.log (4.71 KB - downloaded 30 times.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 00:55:52 am by Bubba » Logged
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 00:50:03 am »

Ok, I'll have a look

nice thing if the others plugins works, but ... the cbdebug file is empty ! ; can you install the nummove plugin then run CB again and look if you get something in the debug file (it's just a text file)

++
David
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 00:51:50 am by dh42 » Logged
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 00:56:48 am »

Ok, Try now David. It is in prevous post. Thanks for looking at it.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 01:02:38 am »

no chance, the last entry in the file is dated: 1/14/2017 7:39:58 AM .. no other pb reported since this date ... and nothing related with the plugin.

are you sure it's the right file ?

++
David
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 01:17:23 am »

Just deleted the CBdebuglog file from the  (menu: Tools/browse system folder). Closed CB and restarted it. Guess what, CB did not recreate the log file.. Not only that,  it it proceed like nothing happened, but the log file is no longer there. I guess I need to reinstall CB v1 again and see what happens..

dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 01:22:06 am »

I just test that ; if CB give no error, it creates no file.

do force it to create the file, I do a drill with a circle smaller than the tool, and the error message is written in the log file.

so, if you have no new log file, that means that cb don't create one for a plugin load error ... no chance.

++
David

Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 01:36:00 am »

I just test that ; if CB give no error, it creates no file.

do force it to create the file, I do a drill with a circle smaller than the tool, and the error message is written in the log file.

so, if you have no new log file, that means that cb don't create one for a plugin load error ... no chance.

++
David

Just reinstalled new CB, but prior to that deleted the old directory so it like brand new program install.. You are right , the Cblogerror file wasn't created till i did the test mentioned about the drill size. Then it did created one..
It still complains about error loading plugin..   
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 01:38:04 am »

if you have no new log file, that means that cb don't create one for a plugin load error

You are right. One would think it would do so because it complains about..

dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 01:46:10 am »

I'm currently dl the VB for win7 ... but that will takes hours !!

I come back when I've something new to test for you Wink

++
David
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 02:14:14 am »

Not a problem. I still have the CB 9.8 so I'm not hurting. Please take your time. Appreciate you taking the time to look at it.
Best..
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 03:28:17 am »

Re

A new version, recompiled on Win7 and with some little change (graphics)

Only for CB V1.0

http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/NumMove-rotate/NumMove_for_V10.zip

finger crossed !!

++
David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: