CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2020, 12:03:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam plus V1.0 (Linux development release)  (Read 66366 times)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 00:27:51 am »

Re

I do tests at the same time as I cook .. LOL

Do any other python scripts work?
Can you try just inserting a default script entity (a CamBam logo) and see if that works.

No, not working

ldd ./libcambam.so

no file or folder of this type (~ translated from French)

same result for the second command

install de libgmp-dev .....

no change ..

++
David

newlinuxuser
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 01:59:42 am »

Hello David,
the shared library libcambam.so is not in  the normal folder (in ubuntu normally /usr/lib/) but in the folder ~/CamBam1.0 I suppose.

You should open the terminal, go in the right folder with the command cd ~/CamBam1.0 and then you can use the command ldd ./libcambam.so.
Otherway the S.O. cannot find the library.

Not give up, you have to win in the end!  Smiley

newlinuxuser
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2017, 02:06:02 am »

You can also start cambam from terminal with the command:
mono --debug CamBam.exe
still with the terminal open in the folder ~/CamBam1.0.
In this way mono start in debug mode and report in the terminal window all the errors.
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 10:45:26 am »

Only the Opne_GL legacy seem not working, but i will check this later.
Hi Carlo

Legacy didn't work for me either.  The OpenGl display mode and V110 shader worked OK though (V330 shader crashed).  Giving the display code an overhaul is on the TODO list this year for all versions.

A warning to other users:  If the display mode causes CamBam to crash, you will need to manually edit the
~/.config/CamBam plus 1.0/CamBam1.0.config file
and change the DisplayMode option back to GDI to get CamBam working again.
(On the Windows version, holding down SHIFT when CamBam starts forces GDI but this does not work on the Linux version).

The info you gave on Linux Mint is slightly wrong, to make ALT + mouse work you have to modify the "marco" configuration and even the "standard" gnome entry and it work flawlessy.

Maybe Mint 18.1 + cinnamon has changed this?  It certainly seemed a lot easier that other distros I've tried.
It is still a pain though.  I will look into alternative rotation methods so we don't need to rely on ALT+left click.
Middle+Left doesn't seem to work under Linux so I need to look into that too.

Thank you for the testing and translation work.
Fixing some translation bugs and getting the latest translation versions in the installers is nearing the top of the TODO list.

I don't know but in 1.8 sarah and even in 17.3 Linux Mint "Mate" works modifying both of the settings the "marco" and the "gnome" I don't know why, but suppose as Mate is a fork of gnome it check both files to be compliant with the "gnome" standard, modifying by hand nedd to modify both the informations.

For the Alternative rotation method, OK, but in the everyday use there is a manner to scroll up and down in a faster mode, maybe with Shift + Arrows (a sort of 10x the normal increment), it's a pain to use the arrows key because on slower machine, the autorepeat function is much quick than the CamBam scroll visualisation and you have to wait for the keyboard buffer to empty and it scroll for ages, if you don't take count of it.

Regards

Carlo D.

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
SteveT
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2017, 10:56:29 am »

Hi Andy, this is the file created in 0.9.8 that will not import in to Linux CB v1.0 (but works under W10)

* CnC bracket.cb (13.12 KB - downloaded 140 times.)
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2017, 10:58:23 am »

So after my first real foray into Linux

using, "LinuxMint Release 18.1 Serena"

I followed the instructions here; http://www.cambam.info/ref/ref.linux

including, "Extract the following to the ~/.config folder"

and once I discoverd that ./config was a hidden folder  Roll Eyes things went better.

Problems (some might be due to my lack of Linux knowledge)
---------
1. Trying to use the Draw->Text or clicking the Text icon caused CamBam to immediately close.
    I found the solution was to use a Terminal window, navigate to the CamBam folder and use;
    mono CamBam.exe
    So the error only happens if I run CamBam from a desktop shortcut
2. Why put the sample cb files in ~/.config when it's a hidden folder ?
3. Mr Crabby was the same as Text, it only works when starting CamBam from it's folder.

I'm currently testing my plugins.

Made in England
SteveT
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2017, 12:39:36 pm »

I had this problem some time ago and the solution is to run a bash script, as follows, I used "Gedit" to write the script

=====================================================
#!/bin/sh

cd ~/CamBam1.0
mono CamBam.exe
======================================================

But you need to go to your file explorer:- Edit/Preferences/ Behavior and set "Run executable files when they are opened"
This works on Ubuntu and gives you a desktop icon to run CB from and also make the computer include the correct path to CB which is not happening with just a straight shortcut.

Steve
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2017, 16:45:01 pm »

Steve,

Thanks for the info, it's very like a DOS Batch File.
I set the exec permission for that file only, when double clicked on the desktop it pops up a dialogue that asks if I want to run it. That's how I like it to be   Cheesy

Anyway, CamBam Text works as it should now  Grin

Made in England
SteveT
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2017, 16:49:29 pm »

Steve,

Thanks for the info, it's very like a DOS Batch File.
I set the exec permission for that file only, when double clicked on the desktop it pops up a dialogue that asks if I want to run it. That's how I like it to be   Cheesy

Anyway, CamBam Text works as it should now  Grin
Eddy pleasure to return the help.
Steve
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2017, 16:55:20 pm »

I've just installed Linux Mint on a spare laptop tonight and hope to try this out tomorrow.
I'll be interested to see how plugins work  Grin, or don't  Huh, with Linux
I suspect that many plugins will need a recompile...even if they appear to work OK.

If Windows 10 keeps going the way it is and as Microsoft and hardware manufactures continue to drop support for older OSes, I think many more of us will be digging out the old computers for a Linux transfusion too!  Smiley

Andy,

Recompiled where ? in Windows with Visual Studio or in Linux ?
and in any case, what is the preferred Linux compiler  ?

Made in England
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 20:24:14 pm »

A few days ago I installed an Ubuntu (16.04 LTS if I got it right) clone distro called Linux Lite on an old laptop. 32 bit.
Installed CamBam 1.0 according to instructions I read.
CamBam starts, draws, generates MOP tool paths, shows cut width. I did a simple circle profile and saved to .cb file. On consequent open command of the saved file CB terminates without messages. The same happens when I try to open a simple .cb file made with Windows version. DXF though has been read into CB without a problem.
It's been a long time since I used Linux more actively and I've forgotten a lot.
Is it possible that someone writes a shell script to check for all necessary mono components and dependencies? That will ensure the environment is correct and help users trying Linux version. Mono itself in debug mode and CB started from terminal gives a lot of messages but I can't make much sense out of them.
Also, before I copied the license key there was a warning that I must run the application as administrator. How is it done in Linux?  As it is with Ubuntu, there is no root account but I can create one if necessary. Or maybe edit the current user group privileges?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 20:26:46 pm by Dragonfly » Logged
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 21:26:54 pm »

Hi Andy, this is the file created in 0.9.8 that will not import in to Linux CB v1.0 (but works under W10)
Thanks Steve,
It loaded OK for me under Linux (I've only tried one distro, but I will try others at the next opportunity), however I have an idea...
The file did put up a 'Style xxx missing' message, which is fair enough.
But I do recall there being some bugs in older mono framework versions when using dialog boxes.

CamBam starts, draws, generates MOP tool paths, shows cut width. I did a simple circle profile and saved to .cb file. On consequent open command of the saved file CB terminates without messages...

I am wondering if these problems are related.

One thing I suggest is to look at this post...
http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6338.msg50434#msg50434

...and check the mono framework library versions in use (preferably >= 4.6), and if possible upgrade them.
Mono has improved a lot over the past few years and keeping up to date seems to avoid many problems.

blueorangelive
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 21:45:36 pm »

Now I wanted to test the new allfa11 64bit for Linux, but at the start are all sorts of errors.
Hello Jürgen,

Have you tried the new alpha11b update I uploaded this morning?
Hopefully that should resolve those errors.

Apologies for that... I should have tested on few more distros before posting the original alpha11 download.

Hello Andy

Thanks, the alph11b is running with Fedor25. Thank you.

I had downloaded the alpfa11 at 9:56 am and you uploaded the alpfa11b at about 10:46. And I have not seen then that I had not yet the alpha11b.

Thanks for your good work and best regards, Jürgen from Germany.
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2017, 21:48:31 pm »

Recompiled where ? in Windows with Visual Studio or in Linux ?
and in any case, what is the preferred Linux compiler  ?
Sorry I wasn't clear.
Recompiling with the CamBam V1.0 library references is the main point, to avoid any potential errors
with CamBam API changes from 0.9.8 (such as the Display3D.BackgroundColor change).  I would also recommend setting
the target framework to 4.

Compiling with Visual Studio on Windows should be fine.
If you prefer to work on Linux, monodevelop works well too.
As long as you are not using any native specific code, assemblies compiled on one system *should* work OK on the other.
SteveT
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 22:01:48 pm »

Andy, just checked my version of mono and it is 4.6.2.16 as I removed the shipped version and now get the latest version.
Interesting point if I open a 0.9.8 file via:- File/open CM 1.0 crashes if I open the same file using the tool bar "Open file" icon all works okay!

Steve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: