CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 16:14:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Property cache conflict - 0.98 - 1.0  (Read 1000 times)
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2017, 15:45:38 pm »

I am not sure the bug is actually me Smiley

What I've done is copy the style library from v. 0.98P to v. 1.0-a11. And I get constant warning about drilling MOP's in 1.0 while opening 0.98 created files. Where there is a Spiral Drill method v. 1.0 says the existing one is a Canned Cycle (in v. 0.98 defined as Spiral Drill).
Even if I do change to Spiral Drill explicitly using the 'Property cache conflict' dialog buttons and save the file, on next open v. 1.0 again shows the conflict dialog.
If I open the same file saved in v. 1.0 in v. 0.98 the latter issues the same warning (i.e. what is set to Spiral Dril in one version appears as Canned Cycle in the other). The difference is that if I change again the MOP method manually and save the file in v. 0.98 no more warnings come out on consequent open actions.

It seems that in the two versions drill methods are with interchanged index. But again, maybe there are differences in style definitions for each version.
OS Win XP

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 22:38:10 pm »

Hello,

In my case, if I open a file with spiral mill that comes from 0.9.8 in 1.0, my problem is that if Hole diameter is set to 'auto' in 0.9.8, it is not set to auto when the file is opened in 1.0, but no problem if the hole diameter is set to a value.

also, if as me the styles are common for both versions, and if both v0.98 and 1.0 are loaded at a time, so if you change something in a style in one version, you need to 'reload' the style in the other version so it take the changes in account.

++
David
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 22:45:53 pm by dh42 » Logged
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 08:23:34 am »

Hi David,
I made a comparison between the two XML files by content. They are fully identical. Each is placed in the corresponding folder for the CB version.
I made a mistake not to make a copy of the original style library (millimeters) of v. 1.0 to test its behavior when the styles are not the same.
May I suggest original style and tool libraries, and also the settings file, are made available for download separated from the install package in case a restore is needed. I really wouldn't like to run install again (reinstall) only to restore one single file.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:30:59 am by Dragonfly » Logged

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 10:56:01 am »

They are fully identical.
No, the 0.9.8 file the drill section starts with <drill>, the drill section in 1.0 file starts with  <drill Enabled="true">.
Also the order of the values is different.
This has nothing to do with this message but if the files are identical for you there is a mistake.

The message you get means that you have a different default value in your 0.9.8 version then in the 1.0.
You have to look at the styles in your versions. Start with changing the value for "Drilling Method" to standard in the CAM style "without name" in both versions. If you set both to "standard" you dont get the message.
It is only a message and no error.
The message tells you that the basic settings in your versions are different. I mean this is not a bug.

ralf

* Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-03 um 11.52.46.png (12.28 KB, 443x309 - viewed 47 times.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:58:04 am by pixelmaker » Logged
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 11:53:19 am »

I have tracked down this problem.

It looks like it has been in all versions since the property cache was added and was caused by the 'cached' DrillingMethod being lost during file load.  It wasn't related to any style differences.

This will be fixed in the next update. Thank you for flagging it!

May I suggest original style and tool libraries, and also the settings file, are made available for download separated from the install package in case a restore is needed. I really wouldn't like to run install again (reinstall) only to restore one single file.

One thing I am planning soon is to set up a github repository for things like the system libraries and also new things like script entity libraries.
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 12:37:54 pm »

Thanks, Andy!
Happy New Year and happy coding Smiley

@David
I meant they are identical after I copied the old over the new one (and lost the latter it in the meantime).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:39:41 pm by Dragonfly » Logged

onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 10:37:16 am »

I have tracked down this problem.

It looks like it has been in all versions since the property cache was added and was caused by the 'cached' DrillingMethod being lost during file load.  It wasn't related to any style differences.

This will be fixed in the next update. Thank you for flagging it!

One thing I am planning soon is to set up a github repository for things like the system libraries and also new things like script entity libraries.

The github idea is very good, maybe also for the Translations and maybe for translated manuals and so on, (I have an done an Italian manual for 0.9.8, along with a revised italian translation plus some Linux helpers file hosted on my github site a while ago)

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: