CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2019, 14:21:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam plus V1.0 (new development release)  (Read 78439 times)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2018, 19:09:11 pm »

Hello Andy

Can we have more info about what bugs are solved with 3D mop (and other) ... maybe the bug # if it is in the bug list ; I just test for the bug #47, and it's still here.

http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Bug_report.html

++
David

Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2018, 14:42:03 pm »

Hello Andy

Can we have more info about what bugs are solved with 3D mop (and other) ... maybe the bug # if it is in the bug list ; I just test for the bug #47, and it's still here.

http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Bug_report.html

++
David

Yes, please.  I hope its the one related to precision that more often shows up when using smaller numbers in inch mode. 

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2018, 15:17:24 pm »

Yes, please.  I hope its the one related to precision that more often shows up when using smaller numbers in inch mode. 
Hi Bob,

The imminent (alpha16) release should address a few more bugs that got overlooked from the 0.9.8 bug list.
As soon as that is out I will put out an update on what I think is still outstanding.

Is there a particular example you can point me at for small number problems that I can check against?
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2018, 15:30:10 pm »

I've just gotten bad toolpaths before with close tolerances in 3D operations when the number of decimal places calculates to far out...  I thought you had addressed it once in a previous version of CamBam by truncating to certain level of precision or by increasing the capability of one of the math functions.  Unfortunately I didn't really see it again for a long time until I started using 1.0 so I don't recall the exact details. I've only seen it once or twice in 1.0.  I did post about it in 1.0 a while back showing some bad tool paths.  It might have been in my first review of 1.0 when I first tried it.  

In inch mode if you truncated to 5 or 6 decimal places it would not be an issue I think for 99.999999% of all users.  There are may be only a handful of machines in the world that can cut any more accurately than that, and then only in a precisely controlled envirnment.  Yes I realize truncating factors can result in a slightly higher net error than that when compounded, but it should be good enough for most.  I'm thrilled to get within half thou most days.  

I seem to recall the issue was related to the fact that some of us routinely use smaller numbers to define similar tools due to the differences in measurement systems.  0.03937 vs 1.0000 for example.  Same tool.  

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 15:46:43 pm by Bob La Londe » Logged

dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2018, 17:55:38 pm »

Hello

I'm playing with a very small 3D file (0.2 x 0.12 units and tool = 0.005 units) to try to get bad toolpaths ; currently I can't get bad toolpaths with scanline methods, but I get them with waterline. (on both 0.98 and 1.0 R15)

++
David

* terrain_small.zip (116.74 KB - downloaded 50 times.)
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2018, 17:59:44 pm »

Hello

I'm playing with a very small 3D file (0.2 x 0.12 units and tool = 0.005 units) to try to get bad toolpaths ; currently I can't get bad toolpaths with scanline methods, but I get them with waterline. (on both 0.98 and 1.0 R15)

++
David

I seem to recall mine were with waterline as well.  Waterline is often MUCH faster for roughing material.  It often fails entirely for me so for a long time I just didn't use it.  The problem is that scanline often recuts the same surfaces over and over again when being used for roughing.  It seems to work very well for finishing though. 

Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2018, 19:44:44 pm »

I have used waterline methods only twice and in both cases had similar problems. The first time it ruined the stock so I started to examine the generated toolpaths and play with values I set until they looked smooth and closed. And no 'open poly detected' messages during generation. Those messages mean that the algorithm is at a boundary condition IMHO.
For example a value of the kind (n.ab..xE-15) which by all practical purposes is a clear zero for the user but not for the software.

BTW
I was and am still thinking about opening a thread about waterline methods and their purpose because in their current implementation I can see only a very limited cases where they can be used. For example if alongside the more pronounced relief there are near flat regions and very slight slopes the method fails to do the finishing over them. Unless there is microscopic depth increment set perhaps. And this will make code generation as well as machining ages long.
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: June 27, 2018, 23:19:55 pm »

V1.0 alpha 16 release is now available…

http://www.cambam.info/downloads/#devt

As always, release notes are at the bottom of the what's new page.

This contains a few more bug fixes that were overlooked from the 0.9.8 bug list.

Unfortunately there still seems to be some problems with system folder permission checks and set file association functions on some setups, so we will continue to work on those.

Regards

Andy
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 27, 2018, 23:37:05 pm »

Thank you, Andy!

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: June 27, 2018, 23:54:26 pm »

Thank you, Andy!

Lloyd

It's an honour and a pleasure sir!
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2018, 01:06:42 am »

V1.0 alpha 16 release is now available…
As always. Thank you Andy!

My 2¢
Jimmybuckets
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2018, 00:43:01 am »

Hey guys...I'm brand new here.  Been looking for something powerful, but affordable.  Do I need to pay for the stable release to be able to have full unlimited access to the Alpha release?
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2018, 01:34:05 am »

You get a trial session of 40 uses to evaluate. If you like it, buy a license.  Download 1.0 and try it.
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2018, 02:26:39 am »

It's an honour and a pleasure sir!

Any chance we can stop having to delete the view with cutviewer plugin with each new release update?  Especially now that CV seems to be a dead unsupported program.

Hey guys...I'm brand new here.  Been looking for something powerful, but affordable.  Do I need to pay for the stable release to be able to have full unlimited access to the Alpha release?

I've been using V1.0 and each new release for months.  Haven't even opened 098 in months. 

10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2018, 15:28:03 pm »

Any chance we can stop having to delete the view with cutviewer plugin with each new release update?  Especially now that CV seems to be a dead unsupported program.
A good idea. I have flagged that for the next release and will add it to the plugins downloads for those that need it.

I've been using V1.0 and each new release for months.  Haven't even opened 098 in months.

Good to hear!  We will promote it to 'release candidate', probably with next update.

Thanks Bob!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: