CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 06:14:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam plus V1.0 (new development release)  (Read 100860 times)
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 18:22:23 pm »

Give him a little time, Carlos.

FIRST you release to the most-common platform and most-stable version of the product. 

Once (most of) the bugs are worked out, THEN you port to other platforms.

'Simple economics...

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 22:09:17 pm »

Thanks Andy for the work, How about a Linux version?
I was working on the Linux version today and have it compiling and running apparently OK.

I will continue testing and should get a release out as soon as the coming days allow.
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 23:57:29 pm »

Give him a little time, Carlos.

FIRST you release to the most-common platform and most-stable version of the product. 

Once (most of) the bugs are worked out, THEN you port to other platforms.

'Simple economics...

Lloyd

Lloyd, the main concerns is that CamBam is the only affordable CAM that works on Linux, (with some little quirks).
So my "hurry" is to work on the new version to port my plugins.

I know and take in account that the main concerns of a programmer is to develop the most used version first, and Andy work is very appreciated.

Carlo D. (onekk)

eShapeoko #343 750x1000 mm + GRBL + bCNC + CamBam
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 00:01:43 am »

Thanks Andy for the work, How about a Linux version?
I was working on the Linux version today and have it compiling and running apparently OK.

I will continue testing and should get a release out as soon as the coming days allow.

Andy, your Linux version is running quite well woth the most stable version of Mono on Linux Mint 18 ( based on Ubuntu 16.4).

I'm using the latest stable Mono version from Xamarin.

Only for your info it is possible to develop with Xamarin Studio in Windows 10 (I was able to compile a plugin for CamBam on it) (Visual Studio is too big to run on my old pc).

Many thanks also for the prompt reply.

Carlo D. (onekk)

grzgrz
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 09:34:43 am »

Andy, are you also developing the new menu item writing convention we talked about some time ago, to be used with the Translations plug-in? I'd happily continue to work on the Polish CamBam translation, you know Grin

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Grzegorz
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 17:08:41 pm »

I have uploaded another revision (alpha-11) to the downloads page.

http://www.cambam.info/downloads/#devt

Spline to polyline (used when generating toolpaths from splines, or CTRL+P) is now using the previous (0.9.8 ) method.  This is slower, but will keep things consistent with 0.9.8 files and is only dependent on the 'Spline to Polyline tolerance' setting in system configuration.
The new Bitmap drawing object smoothing continues to use the newer, faster method which is dependent on both the spline to polyline tolerance AND the 'Spline Curve Steps' settings.  This method is likely to be worked on and improved in coming releases.

The Bitmap object now does not lock the bitmap file, so it is possible to edit the bitmap in an external editor, save it, then refresh the CamBam drawing.  Selecting the bitmap in CamBam and pressing 'F5' now reloads the image file and regenerates the outlines if needed.

My daughter was testing this today making keyrings just by drawing in paint which seemed to work well and was much more enjoyable than trying to explain polyline editing to her.

I hope this helps!
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 17:11:06 pm »

Andy, are you also developing the new menu item writing convention we talked about some time ago, to be used with the Translations plug-in?
Hello Grzegorz,

Yes, translation fixes and improvement are high on the TODO list for coming updates.
Thank you again for your work on the Polish translations and have a great Christmas too!

onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 18:12:32 pm »

Andy, are you also developing the new menu item writing convention we talked about some time ago, to be used with the Translations plug-in?
Hello Grzegorz,

Yes, translation fixes and improvement are high on the TODO list for coming updates.
Thank you again for your work on the Polish translations and have a great Christmas too!

I have translated the interface in a manner more consistent, I don't know if someone is working on the Italian Translation, but in case count on me.

Please Andy, Having to translate a Plugin there will be a manner to implement a Translation file only for the plugin, maybe with a file plugin_it.txt or similar?

Regards and Merry Christmas.

Carlo D. (onekk)

SteveT
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 22:33:17 pm »

I am running Ubuntu 16.04LTS and would be happy to give V1.? a test when the Linux version is ready  Smiley
kvom
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 20:27:50 pm »

Is there any way to populate the spline points from a text file?
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 23:50:49 pm »

Havn't downloaded the new version yet. What new features are in this version? I'm super busy not much time for playing with software.

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 12:00:55 pm »

Is there any way to populate the spline points from a text file?
Sort of... there is currently an API method available to get a spline from a polyline, but this is intended more for bit bitmap vectorisation smoothing, so it tries to preserve straight lines where possible.

I suspect you are more likely to want something that just bends a spline through a set of points, such as the way the spline drawing operation works.
I will make sure this method is exposed in the API in the next update, so we can easily create splines from list of points from files or other sources.
kvom
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 13:38:04 pm »

The source of my question is wanting to draw a curve for a type of cam, where the points are generated in an Excel file and exported to a CSV text file.  I tried to use this file in Solidworks, but SW complains that my spline intersects itself with no other diagnostics.  If I can debug that the problem would be solved.
10bulls
Administrator
CNC Jedi

Coding Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 15:05:05 pm »

The source of my question is wanting to draw a curve for a type of cam, where the points are generated in an Excel file and exported to a CSV text file.  I tried to use this file in Solidworks, but SW complains that my spline intersects itself with no other diagnostics.  If I can debug that the problem would be solved.

The attached example contains a script entity that reads a set of points from the csv file 'cam.txt'
and creates a spline.  The cam.txt file needs to be in the same folder as the .cb file.

However, the generated spline is a bit 'bumpy' in places.  The next V1 update will expose a few more properties to allow more control over the spline fitting.

* spline_kvom.cb (0.99 KB - downloaded 159 times.)
* cam.txt (2.15 KB - downloaded 168 times.)
onekk
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 10:30:46 am »

If you have enough points, you will be able to create a polyline and applying maybe a sort of smooth function to use arc instead of lines to join your given points (to have the imported point in the created polyline), it involves some math, but it could be done.

Actually I can't experiment with 1.0 (as soon Andy make a Linux Version available, i will experiment a little with the new features.)

Carlo D. (onekk)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: