CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2018, 13:18:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How about 1 micron lathe accuracy?  (Read 5842 times)
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2016, 01:41:18 am »

This is must watch..

https://youtu.be/sFrVdoOhu1Q

My 2ยข
macbob
Storm Trooper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 04:30:32 am »

Actually, I made the mistake of clicking on Dan Gelbart's Building Prototypes Part 1 of 18, and was stuck for the next two hours!  Amazing stuff.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMP_AfiNlX4.

Bob
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 15:19:23 pm »

Excellent video Bubba, I like the camera idea to get a zoomed in view.
Bob,
You got me doing the same  Grin Dan comes over like a proper boffin but when you see his fingers up close it's obvious he's a proper hands on person too. A man of 1001 workshop hints and tips  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 16:02:15 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
Arie kabaalstra
CNC Jedi

why buy one, if you can build one?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 13:12:32 pm »

I should have had Dan Gelbart as a teacher.. he really makes it look simple.. because it actually is.. Grin

as long as you know what you're doing... that is..
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 13:58:02 pm »

When someone is really good at something it makes it look easy. Sometimes those people make poor teachers because they no longer think consciously about the whole process, they just do it the right way. I have always taught the young guys to never change anything until you fully understand why it is being done this way now. That may require you actually asking!

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
tau
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 06:38:52 am »

Hi folks,

yes the video series is really a precious source of excellent tips! Loved it when i saw the video about the high precision grinder/lathe about a year ago!

Sometimes those people make poor teachers because they no longer think consciously about the whole process
@Gary
I would agree with you that this type of people are not necessarily the best teachers. But I convinced too, that as an audience, one can only find the pearls of wisdom and value if you learn to listen to the 'quite' voices as well!  Wink

That's at least what my wisdom of learning life has been so far...  Grin

Tunc
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:33:01 am by tau » Logged
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 16:41:48 pm »

When someone is really good at something it makes it look easy. Sometimes those people make poor teachers because they no longer think consciously about the whole process, they just do it the right way. I have always taught the young guys to never change anything until you fully understand why it is being done this way now. That may require you actually asking!

Ding!  Ding!  Ding! 

In college I often tutored classes I was taking.  Teaching it really cemented the knowledge for me.  I also had a pretty good reputation as a lab assistant/tutor in the computer lab as long as the student didn't just want me to do their work for them.  One of them even tried to get me in trouble because I wouldn't "help" them.  LOL. 

After teaching technicians in my cotracting business for ten years I hated it.  I saw a lot of the same guy over and over who wanted to see how far he could push his OJT making the boss do his work for him.  Same guy different face.

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: