CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2018, 23:24:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: [38] Mold with depth increment  (Read 2391 times)
Dragonfly
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 14:53:00 pm »

I 've found that if I hide the layer with the 3D objects processing is not slowed down as much.  I'll often create an outline of the 3D object in a different layer for keeping track of its location when the 3D object is hidden.  

That's a good idea.
And in support of what Bob wrote previously I'd like to say that
it will be huge time saver if somehow CB is made to skip areas which do not need more milling during roughing operation .

Before asking a question do some effort and walk through all menus and options in CamBam.  Maybe the answer is there. Please.
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 22:14:01 pm »

How do you do a waterline cut with a ballmill?  With a square endmill it seems you only need to pocket or profile a slice through the STL object. However I can’t see that working with a ball mill as the angle of contact changes constantly.

Do you shell the object by the radius of the tool and then slice that for the centerline of the tool?

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 23:00:49 pm »

Hello

Garry, waterline - rough manage only end mill, but waterline - finish can use ball mill too.

Unfortunately, not yet translated in English nor totally finished, but maybe with google translate this document may be usable. see section 4  http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide_V1/tutorials/Usinage3D_overview.html

++
David

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: