CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 06:31:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Apology and Update  (Read 35555 times)
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 23:55:43 pm »

"....Even if the product development died completely..."
-----------
SHUT Yo' Mouth! <G>

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
GeoffreyGRoy
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 01:41:31 am »

Just a thought for future releases.  I need to add 4 gb support, so I use the 4gp_patch from NTcore , which does work.  It might be useful to have this built in to the release, or perhaps a genuine 64 bit version!

Geoff
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 07:35:56 am »

. . . or perhaps a genuine 64 bit version!

Geoff

+1

Made in England
Redpaw_Designs
CNC Ewok

Eat What You Kill

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 22:00:34 pm »

First I'd like to say "Thank you for an easy to use program that has seriously changed my life since purchasing in early 2015" and I've pushed your product at every chance I have had when anyone asks for a powerful product yet easy to use and light on the wallet.

I have been face down, sniffing sawdust, pulling my hair out and drooling over the long term results of the after mentioned when it all comes out perfectly. It's been an easy road thanks to cambam, the biggest issue I have is my age and my lack of comprehending various terms and how they affect end results.

It has been a fun 8-ish months, no other program ( I've tested $11,000 programs to $700.00 ) can be counted on to never crash, never have me constantly checking for drivers, updates....it just works right out of the gate and it gives results in Toolpaths View and GCode quickly.

So...I have to ask: are we still Window 7 Pro safe?, stable, and reliable?.

One day I may make a fortune, but today I make sawdust and shavings.

Design it all you want, its the machining that makes the difference.
Elrod
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 23:02:34 pm »

:)It is wonderful to hear from you Andy! I've only been using CamBam for a few months but I love it already.  Looking forward to updates.  I'm a Linux user, by the way.

Elrod
CBurkett
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 05:10:30 am »

I am delighted to see this. 
stevehuckss396
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 01:25:59 am »

Welcome back sir!  You were missed.
c.sitas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2015, 19:10:13 pm »

Seems like 10 Bulls ,Mister Bean and the like was just yesterday. Boy how the time flys. Still having fun. My best to you and the family,they have to be all growen up by now.
nifty1a
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 23:41:34 pm »

Andy,
Hello, and welcome back... Apparently I came extremely close to meeting you this Saturday at Derby Mini Maker Faire, I would have loved to have met you to shake your hand and say thanks for the amazing tool you have created.
(Martin from Just Add Sharks said you had just been at his stand..)

I have a licensed copy, but I am advising all the Hitchin Hackspace guys to download Cambam, to use the DXF functions, as they have seen me using it to verify and layer up DXFs from Inkscape, before loading into Lasercut....

The only gotcha in this process is that the 'fixed' Cambam DXFs won't load back into Inkscape! (but I think that is an unfixed Inkscape issue, not Cambam's..
GeorgeRace
Wookie

Wobbler Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 20:51:44 pm »

Hi Andy, sure is great to have you back thinking about making CamBam even better than it is!

I have been running it in Windows 10 for almost the last year.  My how time does pass by!  Have been in the Windows 10 development group, almost since it started up some time ago.

All of my systems now are 64 bit Windows 10, and I have not had one bit of trouble running CamBam.  The only remaining 32 bit system that I am running is Mach 3 that drives my CNC machine.  Just can't see any reason, at least in the near future, to do anything different, and it continues to work flawlessly!

Still getting a lot of nice comments on the single line "CamBam" fonts.  I even found them under another name on the web a while back!  Opened one of the files in my Font Development program and there was my name and date that I first released them, right down deep in the credit line.  I guess you know that you have done something right, when you seeing it copied and redistributed by others.  And I don't mind a bit, as I put it in the public domain some time ago.

So again Andy, welcome back, nice to see you getting active again on the forum.

All the best,
George

Please check out my web site.
http://www.mykitairplane.com
Builder & Test Pilot of N73EX
Bob La Londe
CNC Jedi

^ 8.5 pounds on my own hand poured bait.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 15:31:41 pm »

All of my systems now are 64 bit Windows 10, and I have not had one bit of trouble running CamBam.  The only remaining 32 bit system that I am running is Mach 3 that drives my CNC machine.  Just can't see any reason, at least in the near future, to do anything different, and it continues to work flawlessly!

I kind of like Windows 7 64 bit myself.  Obviously old single processor machines aren't suited to making use of it, but with increased memory and the ability to assign tasks to different processors (even just letting Windows handle it for the most part) I feel like Mach 3 runs BETTER.  I still have two machine controllers running XP Pro 32, and I won't change until something fails because they do work if you remember not to touch them while they are running and turn off the toolpath display when running large files.  I haven't pushed it, but on my 7 64 multi processor Mach 3 machine I've forgotten to do those things and not really had any problems.  All the machines I am using currently are running Smooth steppers, which I am sure helps, but I still have some errors related to the computer not keeping up on the XP boxes if I do to much manual input at the wrong times.   

Getting started on CNC?  In or passing through my area?
If I have the time I'll be glad to show you a little in my shop. 

Some Stuff I Make with CamBam
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
macbob
Storm Trooper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 17:08:41 pm »

Google Translate tells me that "It's very interesting Thanks for sharing".  Although that was what he said a day or two back.  Perhaps a spam bot?

What a time to be alive!

Bob
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 17:35:18 pm »

Hello,

Perhaps a spam bot?

maybe, 3 messages and no content .. (but no pub or web link too ..)
http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=7116;sa=showPosts

If the 4th is the same thing, I'll delete his account.

There is a resurgence of SPAMer now, I deleted 3 in some days.

++
David
BR52
Wookie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 18:21:26 pm »

Is spam with virus.

* Espam.jpg (216.78 KB, 1111x654 - viewed 400 times.)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 18:32:20 pm »

Hello Armando,

Ah ah ! ... AVG give no alert, but when I edit the message I can see an hidden link ...

I'll ban the account and remove the messages

Stop Forum Spam also recognise the IP as a spam

++
David

* Sans titre-1.jpg (64.81 KB, 1058x356 - viewed 348 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: