CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2018, 21:59:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam Plugin Manager  (Read 7151 times)
BaNoBi
Droid

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2015, 22:06:11 pm »

Hi,

Due to the large number of plugins that exist for CamBam, I thought fit to develop a Plugin Manager.

This plugin manager uses the David's site information (http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/plugin_menu.html) (a great job).

Features:
  • Search by title; (Pic 1)
  • Search the description of plugins; (Pic 1)
  • Install a plugin; (Pic 2)
  • Uninstall a plugin; (Pic 3)
  • Update a plugin; (Pic 3)
  • View the page of each plugin; (Pic 4)
  • Browse the plugins list in English and French. (Pic 5)

1. Unzip and install the dll and the exe into your CamBam plugins folder, restart CamBam.
2. New menu entry: Plugins > Plugin Manager.

Note: The plugin does not detect the already installed plugins.

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

Pic 5:

Best regards,
Vasco Cruz

Change log:
v0.6 - First version

* PluginManager_v0.6.zip (265.09 KB - downloaded 228 times.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 22:23:57 pm by BaNoBi » Logged
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 22:31:54 pm »

Hello Vasco,

Nice job Wink

It seems that it's not the same version in the download and on the pictures .. no Update button in the version I just install. (0.6.0.0)

How do you detect what is the right file to download when there is more than one file in the folder ? (on the site)

++
David
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 22:36:17 pm »

oops, the button appears only if the plugin is out of date ?
BaNoBi
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 22:39:44 pm »

Thanks Smiley

It seems that it's not the same version in the download and on the pictures .. no Update button in the version I just install. (0.6.0.0)
Yes, is the same version. The button update is only visible if have an update for the plugin. Maybe in a new version, change the icon on left the title if have an update.

How do you detect what is the right file to download when there is more than one file in the folder ? (on the site)
The plugin downloads a zip file, unzip and copies all the content of the zip to the plugin folder.

Best regards,
Vasco Cruz
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 22:57:45 pm »

The plugin downloads a zip file, unzip and copies all the content of the zip to the plugin folder.

Ok, it can cause pb with the last added, because there is 3 versions
http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/View_Toolbar.html

What happens if the dll is not the same for English and French ? (not yet added to french page, but there is 2 plugins that have FR and EN version ; print and numerical move/rotate)

++
David
BaNoBi
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 23:18:31 pm »

Ok, it can cause pb with the last added, because there is 3 versions
http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/Cambam/Aide/Plugins/View_Toolbar.html
The plugin is not yet ready for it. With this example the plugin fails. The plugin is only waiting for a link in the cell.

What happens if the dll is not the same for English and French ? (not yet added to french page, but there is 2 plugins that have FR and EN version ; print and numerical move/rotate)
For the plugin manager, a plugin in English is different to a plugin in French. You can install both (if the name of the dlls are different).

Best regards,
Vasco Cruz
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 23:29:46 pm »

Nice idea Vasco.  I thought we need something like this.

My 2¢
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 08:08:26 am »

HI Vasco
Good Idea
Dave.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 13:41:24 pm »

Hello,

I see a little problem with the tree ; CAD tool is "under" Plugin & script level, but not the others entries ; maybe you can remove the plugin & script level.

What do you need on the web page to differentiate script and plugins (for now, no script, but I can make a page if you want to test)

++
David
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 13:48:21 pm »

-------------
Vasco, I have a little bit of a problem with that.  Many of the older plugins - tried and true - were only provided as .dlls.

I _could_ zip them up, I guess, then re-install, but shouldn't there also be an option simply to transfer a .dll to the plugins directory?

I mean... move ALL the plugins out of the directory, fire up, then select the ones you want to appear in the manager -- whether they were zipped, or not.

Am I making sense?

LLoyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 14:03:34 pm »

Hello Lloyd

Vasco, I have a little bit of a problem with that.  Many of the older plugins - tried and true - were only provided as .dlls

All the plugins are taken on a folder on my web site, not on the forum, and I redo all in .zip format if nedeed.

++
David

EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 14:13:52 pm »

No doubt it's a good idea for some, but I'd rather just install any plugins I need manually.
lloydsp
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 14:17:20 pm »

For me, David, it's too much of a risk to rely on a remote site for such things.

I download every plugin that's of any interest to me, and keep them all in my own directory -- heavily and regularly backed-up.

I am sure you are as careful an administrator of that system as I am of mine, but it's a precaution I cannot eschew.

In the 'organizer', one should have the option of 'downloading' them from one's own directory, as well as from the web site.

Lloyd

"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Fifty Years"
Bubba
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 17:57:42 pm »

In the 'organizer', one should have the option of 'downloading' them from one's own directory, as well as from the web site.
+1  Grin

My 2¢
Almasts
CNC Ewok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 23:29:38 pm »

The manager is a brilliant idea Vasco, but I hope you can accommodate Lloyds idea re directories.

Also 'ones own directory' may be on a cloud service (mine is in MS Onedrive so I can easily share CamBam stuff between all my computers whether at home or at work)

Therefore I don't use the normal CamBam file path. Some plugins work immediately with this setup Grin. Sadly some don't, including your plugin manager  Cry

Hopefully all plugin writers could consider this aspect when writing or revising (or am I just proving how little I know about writing plugins and scripts here ?)

Mitch
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: