CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2018, 22:52:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Collision Detector+Clean up Mops  (Read 19589 times)
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2016, 01:32:41 am »

Hello Dave Wink

I just finished translating the doc of your plugin in French, and I have some questions (I do the tutorial at the same time)

- Why the bones cleaning is done in 2 stages with the tool of 0.5mm?

- I do not get the expected display at the first attempt with tool 6mm, it seems that some polylines are missing compared to the doc (page 18).

look at the picture, with a tool = 5.7mm it's OK, but with a 6mm tool (or bigger) there is lines that are missing.

PS: I use your file to do the tests to be sure the skull as exactly the same size as on the tuto.

++
David

* Sans titre-1.jpg (63.69 KB, 871x586 - viewed 175 times.)
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2016, 11:40:40 am »

HI David
on page 17 (the previous page) I said this:
At this stage I moved the bones down 0.5 mm down in the y axis just for aesthetics.
But left the reader to do this (move the bones) which was a mistake on my behalf as I should have left the comment out of the text and just moved the bones in the drawing.
On reading the manual again I've noticed some syntactical mistakes as well  Roll Eyes .
Also I've neglected to mention that if you insert your own styles or mops using the generated tool paths by the plugin that you need to set the optimisation in those mops to "None".
as time permits I'll reedit the file and repost it.
Dave
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2016, 17:26:12 pm »

Guys,
This thread has gone on for ages and I am not sure what you have created. Is this what is commonly called 'Rest machining' as in machining a pocket or shape with a large tool and the doing only the areas that the large tool missed because it didn't fit with a small tool?

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2016, 00:33:34 am »

HI Gary
Yes you are correct in your assumption. You can also use it like a layout tool for the space separation of
objects to be cut.
Dave
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2018, 21:48:19 pm »

Hello all...

I just downloaded the collision detector and may have found a bug.

The plug-in does a nice job removing the extra material left behind by the .500 end mill using a .25 end mill, except for one corner.

Polyline 121 (the left side toward the bottom) is not being cleaned up like the rest of the corners. There is a small step left behind that is seen when toolpath width is enabled.

Every other corner on all three segments cleans up correctly.

Any ideas on this? I played with all the settings, but had the same effect.

Edit: I rotated the original dxf file 30 degrees and the corner that does not clean up is in a diffrent segment and toward the inside, not the outside like the previous cb file.

* collision detector test.cb (28.78 KB - downloaded 20 times.)
* rotate test.cb (28.99 KB - downloaded 15 times.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 23:41:49 pm by jim1108 » Logged
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2018, 04:20:31 am »

HI Jim
The problem here is that the geometry should be converted to poly-lines first.

You can use Arcs and lines but sometimes because of the angle they intersect at there is not enough room to fit in all of the tool-path.

In pic1 one you can see the difference in length of the lower arc and line (which doesn't work) as compared to the top one which works.

If you convert your geometry to poly-lines this won't happen.

The second pic is with the geomerty converted to poly-lines.

Hope this helps.
Dave
edit forgot to add:There is a companion plugin called the file cleaner, which if you use geometry from programs like inscape,ect which are  svg vector drawing programs then they often produce very small debris (like points and very short line segments) which are so small that they can be overlooked (some are so small that they cant be seen at normal zoom sizes) but picked up with a box selection and these can confuse the collision detector as they appear as valid objects to work with.

* Jim colision detectors test file Capture.PNG (101.61 KB, 784x490 - viewed 43 times.)

* Jims collision detector test gemometry converted to polylines Capture.PNG (174.03 KB, 1275x611 - viewed 43 times.)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:28:44 am by dave benson » Logged
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2018, 14:05:25 pm »

Thank you for the timely response Dave.  

I use Draftsight professional for all my drawings.

I reloaded the drawing and started over.

Note: Everything worked out as it should only if I coverted the lines and arcs to polylines before I joined them.

If I joined everything before converting to polylines then I had the same problem. So it seems it has to be done in this sequence to work correctly.

My fault. I was not testing the cutter with the cleanup mop at the same time.

Thanks again Dave, and great plug-in! It beats drawing all that extra geometry. But all that extra drawing made me very proficient with CAD over the years.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 14:30:02 pm by jim1108 » Logged
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2018, 00:16:31 am »

Hi Jim

Glad you got it sorted out.
I've found  Draftsight to produce good clean files, so you should have no problems there.
In my college years we were trained on Autocad , so I find it (Draftsight) easy to use.

I've been using a Parametric 3D modeller for a long time now, and once you get over the steep learning curve at the start, they increase your productivity many fold.

With CamBam in general and especially using imported files of unknown “Provence” as they say in the antique world where you don't know what program produced them, It's  good practice  to first explode the geometry, then convert it to polylines and then join them. I do this out of habit now and often forget to say it in my replies.

If you find CamBam or one of the plugins or scripts doing something “Wacky” or complaining in the bottom diagnostic window then this the first thing to look at.

Dave
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2018, 16:56:57 pm »

I agree with you Dave on going back to the drawing, that is where I usually go when I run into a wall.

I have been using SheetCam for the last 2 years (and still do at times, mainly for the rotary axis support now). SC does not have CAD built in, and there is no way to edit drawings, so it pays to draw correctly the first time or there will be a lot of back and forth.

jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2018, 00:58:09 am »

Are there any plans to have this plugin work with CB version 1.0?
dave benson
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2018, 01:32:35 am »

Hi Jim
It should work on both versions of CB, but just in case here is the latest ver.
Dave

* Collision Detectorlatest.zip (109.13 KB - downloaded 12 times.)

* Collision Detector for ver 1 of cb.PNG (131.39 KB, 950x530 - viewed 6 times.)
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2018, 01:43:40 am »

Thanks Dave for the timely response.

I unzipped the updated version and extracted to the plugin folder and it still does not load.

It gives a .net error sandbox something or another error, same with the other version. I am running windows 10 build version 1803 with all the latest updates.

dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2018, 02:17:53 am »

Hello

Have a look here

http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6294.0

++
David
jim1108
Droid

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2018, 14:06:38 pm »

I found another way to get it working. The link above may only work for previous builds of Windows 10. My properties box did not have the unblock tab.

Every since Windows 10 updated to build 1803, I have to run many of my programs as an administrator to be able to modify or add things, like the .dll in this case.

I ran CB 1.0 as an administrator, then copied the extracted .dll file to the plug-ins folder and all worked well. I extracted the .dll file on removable media (sd card).

Thanks David for the feedback.
EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2018, 14:32:22 pm »

With Windows 10 Pro build 1803

properties box shows unblock option on the extracted dll file

* Image1.jpg (134.73 KB, 800x1122 - viewed 9 times.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 14:34:12 pm by EddyCurrent » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: