CamBam
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 21:51:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CamBam company location (or reseller advice)  (Read 27231 times)
poorchava
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2015, 08:40:12 am »

Hello,

my company would like to purchase CamBam for our prototyping workshop, but before we can make the purchase, we need information about CamBam place of business. Is it in a country that is a member of EU? If not, is there an EU-based reseller of the software? This is related to taxes and other paperwork that my company has to do after purchasing stuff.

EddyCurrent
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:25:46 pm »

I'm sure there's no need to display the address image here, it would be my recommendation to remove the picture ASAP.

Made in England
Jeff_Birt
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 15:12:22 pm »

It is entirely inappropriate for people to post Andy's home address and even a photo of his house on this forum! Please remove both.

As to the OP's question: I might suggest that it is more appropriate to contact Andy directly via the 'Contact us' link on the main website: http://www.cambam.info/contact . I'm sure he would be happy to provide you with the information you need.
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 15:25:34 pm »

Hello,

It is entirely inappropriate for people to post Andy's home address and even a photo of his house on this forum! Please remove both.

Yes, removed

To answer the question of poorchava.

Is it in a country that is a member of EU?

Yes, located in UK

You can purchase a license here. (it's just a file that you receive by Email and that you copy in you Cambam directory)

http://www.cambam.info/shop/

++
David
pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 16:12:45 pm »

hello,
It is entirely inappropriate for people to post Andy's home address

No, this was the address of HexRay Ltd.
I don´t know why this address is a secret. In Germany and I think in the whole EU it is not allowed a business website without publishing a company address.
If I found a webshop without any address I never will buy there.

ralf
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 16:14:24 pm by pixelmaker » Logged
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 16:16:23 pm »

No, this was the address of HexRay Ltd.

Yes but HexRay and Andy's home it's the same thing ... at least until is workshop is finished I think.

++
David
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 19:50:42 pm »

Hello ralf

In Germany and I think in the whole EU it is not allowed a business website without publishing a company address.

In France for a business online you need only to display a SIRET number on the Web page.

++
David
Jeff_Birt
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 20:10:30 pm »

Ralf, if Andy wanted his address listed he would have done so. Posting one's home address on line can be problematic as there are a lot of crazy people in the world. Some people have had issues with stalkers, etc. Since we are not privy to Andy's reasons for not listing his address it is not our place to do so, displaying a picture of his house was also out of line IMHO.

A few years ago I was a volunteer moderator on a CNC related forum and a crazy forum member was cyber stalking me until the people that ran the forum threatened legal actin against him. I run my business from my home and deal is goods that have to be shipped so my home address is on my website, but that is my choice. It is not up to me or you to decide to broadcast someone else's address on line.
Steambuff
CNC Ewok

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 22:10:27 pm »

If you want HexRay's registered address, all you need to do is goto the Companies House Web site and you should be able to find it.

Dave
Imagining
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 03:09:51 am »

Something strikes me as quite wrong with this "request".

The cost of CamBam is only $US149, which is the cost of a expendable tool, like a drill or grinder.

No one would ask the manufacturer of a small tool for all this information if they were going to buy such a tool.

If someone bought say SketchUp woudl they ask all this of Trimble?

As for tax reasons.  Again strikes me as very very odd.  My experience with taxing authorities are that they are not interested in small cost items like this, and I have been audited twice so have more than ample experience.  And maybe my graduate education in tax accounting might have helped with this opinion.

As for "paperwork"...a receipt or copy of the license issued in name of company, plus a copy of paypal [or similar] transaction receipt, or a credit card bill is more than ample, especially for such a small dollar/pound/euro cost item.

Either poorchava does not really understand business [if there is one], or this is a rather naive "phising" scheme for who knows what.

At this point either poorchava can buy CamBam, or move on.  No more info for him.

[Don't mean to sound harsh, but the more I think about this "request" the more irritated it makes me.]

pixelmaker
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 10:04:25 am »

@ Imagining

I don´t know what going on. Also at the company website you can´t find any address.
My company is in germany.
If I buy a software in any other state in the EU this company has to pay the tax, if I buy cambam hexray has to pay the tax. I have to declare this buying with the company name and address and with a valid VAT-ID to the tax authority.
If the company I buy from don´t have a VAT-ID I have to pay the tax for the product I buy. For this I have to know before buying if the company is in EU, the address of the company and the VAT-ID.
If I want buy anything as a company and I don´t find this, sorry but I can´t make any deal.

If I want buy cambam as a private user the tax things are not important. but if I had to pay first and don´t know who is sitting at the other side of the table I make no deal.

I am sure that the address was written in the store and on the hexray website some times before.
I don´t know what going on to make a secret of this.

ralf
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 13:27:46 pm »

Hello,

I just retrieve the mail I received from Andy with the license for CB and Mach3 (03/2010) ; There is no address or invoice attached to.

The only invoice I have is the one given by Paypal (with no address too), and for me it's sufficient for "papers", but of course my "company" uses a very simplified tax management ; no VAT, no complicated papers ... each month I pay ~ 26% on the total amount of my invoices for taxes/social ... nothing can be deducted.

++
David
Garyhlucas
CNC Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 13:40:35 pm »

It always amazes me how the politicians make it difficult for the companies that actually create jobs and wealth to just conduct their business.  In the US the state of New Jersey with sales tax is worse than the IRS about collecting taxes!  I actually like the flat rate that David seems to pay. It would never fly here, too many accountants would lose their jobs if a kid with an elementary school education could actually calculate how much to write on the check for taxes!

Gary H. Lucas

Have you read my blog?
 http://a-little-business.blogspot.com/
dh42
Administrator
CNC Jedi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 14:26:29 pm »

I actually like the flat rate that David seems to pay.

Yes very simple, I enter the total of my invoices on a web page, the site computes the amount and the payment is also done online ... but ... there is a lot of limitations ... max invoice/years ~ 34000€ ; nothing can by deducted, in other word the max amount is 25000€ after tax and of course you need to subtract the stock, current, heating, tools ... ... for most people it can be only a second job ..

++
David
Imagining
Storm Trooper

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 14:58:39 pm »

So all this fuss over $US39!!

$US149 * 26% = $US38.74.

Why not just pay the tax themselves and move on.

For prototyping, CamBam will pay the $US39 back quickly as it is great for prototyping.

Or, the boss could just buy it as an individual and not worry about it.

Gary:  All States are "aggressive" about collecting sales taxes because they have found that if the sales tax is not remitted in a timely fashion it tends to be remitted piecemeal then and it cascades and then there is trouble with the State getting it at all.  A sales tax license is issued by the State and makes the retailer an agent for the State in collecting and remitting to the State the collected sales tax.  New Jersey is always a special case though!  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: